Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yard Dragon

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 14 at 16:23

Finally getting to post the latest creation of my DH for our DD. He's been working on this dragon for months now. He stands about 6 feet tall and has a wingspan of about 5 feet or so. DD is pretty excited about him. He was made from a large glass bottle for his belly, saw blades, spoons, various farm implements and other bling type items.

photo dragon_zps135029b3.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yard Dragon

Wow! I love the spoons for the scales. What are his feet and wings (screen? the edging is?) made of?

o

Absolutely Amazing! Beautiful work.

o

His wings are made from scythe blades with hardware cloth over them. The "veins" on the wings are made from the metal on "For Sale" signs. His feet are plow points from my father's plow...so our daughter will have some of her grandfather's equipment in her yard.

o

I love this thing it is awesome. Great imagination!

o

That is a beautiful piece. I’m going to have to buy your daughter’s books for some inspiration.
The wings are magic. I tried to blow up picture to see what material was used and how it was attached to rods but I lost all detail before I could figure it out. Is that expanded metal tacked with a wire welder? I’m a caveman gas torch and stick welder and I can’t imagine welding hardware cloth without blowing holes in it. How were those made?

o

omg I love this great great job your daughter is going to love this

o

Tinfoilhat~

I'll send you a bigger picture via email and ask John to explain about the wings.

o

He's wonderful with those wings & that great tail!! Even better to have grandpa's plow parts for feet! Great creativity & lucky DD! Jan

o

Oh do I LOVE your dragon! He's absolutely marvelous! Terrific work. Thanks for sharing!

o

Wow now that is really clever!!! Great job!

o

Amazing.

o

I love it Marlene!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here