Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm so excited about my dump find!

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 19, 10 at 16:23

Looky, Looky what DH and I found at the dump this morning!! It's solid maple and weighs a bazillion pounds, but this baby is going to make an awesome potting bench! Just had to share my FREE find!

potting bench before

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm so excited about my dump find!

• Posted by beaw Tn (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 19, 10 at 16:45

Oh Wow I would be excited about that to , Score

o

That is crazy awesome!!! Lucky You!!! To think somebody threw that away!!! Thank You for saving it!!!

o

what a great work bench. Our dump has a book shelf but other than that they don't let you take things.
Kathy

o

Nice! It looks like it's a perfect fit for that corner too. Be sure to post pics once you've got it Junk-a-fied!

o

You go girl!!! Great score!!!

o

That is a treasure!

o

You are lucking out with the awesome free stuff! I'd be pumped about that find too!

o

That is really a nice 1 especially with drawer you can put small hand tools in. Couldn't have made yourself a better 1 from scratch!! Would cost a lot to make 1 that nice too. How exciting!! That area you have it in looks like a good fit!! Jan

o

What a find! Hard to believe someone would actually throw that away! But I'm sure happy for you that they did.
Our dump doesn't allow anyone to take anything.
What a shame since so much could be salvaged or recycled.
But apparently they are afraid of lawsuits if someone gets hurt. I think dumps should have a section for 'good' stuff
to put aside and let folks have it.
But then we can't even curb shop here as you can't put anything out there. :o(
I think Phoenix must hate recycling!! How dumb is that.

hugs, Karen

o

I love it! You lucky girl you! Be sure to post a picture of it after it has been ... as tasymo put it ... Junk-a-fied. Great save!

o

I think I need to spend more time hanging around the dump!!! This morning I asked the guy there to keep an eye open for blue bottles and he said sure, just check back in weekly and I could have them. Cool!

o

What's funny is that our dump doesn't really allow people to take stuff either, but this work bench was at the "reusable lumber" section kind of away from the eyes of the entrance person, so my stealthy DH backed our trailer in as close as he could and we were like little ninjas...except for when we both grunted loudly because we weren't expecting the thing to be so HEAVY! Amazing how fast you can move when you're on a mission! LOL

o

What a great find! Isn't it amazing what people will throw away! Wish I had one!

o

OMG!!!! How cool is that???? Great find!!

o

What a great foundation for a garden sink. I would Poly stain the wood but maybe tile the top with terra cotta. I'm so excited for you!!! You could do so many different things with that jewel!!

o

Wow! That is PERFECT for a potting bench! You couldn't have designed one better for that purpose. What do you plan to do to it? Are you going to leave it "as is" or fix it up?

o

That is a fantastic find!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here