Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Light globe birdbath....POSSE project

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 19, 10 at 16:26

I posted another POSSE project in the thread, but wanted to put it here too for those of you who don't check that thread. This light globe was in my brother's bedroom as a child, so it's been part of my family for a long time. Hope the birdies will like it too!

light globe birdbath 2

light globe birdbath 1

(Had to get my DH to straighten the chains for me after I took this pic)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Light globe birdbath....POSSE project

lol -- you sound like me! it doesn't matter WHAT I hang, it's crooked, and my BF has to rehang! I found a great light fixture at a GS today, and a concrete birdbath base at a different GS....pix to follow.....

o

Its neat to have something repurposed like that when it holds such memories for you. Sure makes a pretty birdbath too!

hugs, Karen

o

Very pretty, Marlene! How did you attach the chain? Did you have to drill a hole in the shade? Besides being pretty, it is cool that the shade as a family history too!

o

Very pretty, I love those kind of fixtures. That one is extra pretty and a nice family piece to boot. I love the way the crystals frou-frou it up. I used to see those everywhere for next to nothing, but like everything else they are getting harder to come by and the prices have risen accordingly.

o

The crystals I used actually are Christmas ornaments I snarfed up after Christmas for 50% off at Target! Only .50 each! Woohoo!

o

Very pretty, I bet the birds feel very special when they take a bath in that. I know I'd feel special in it, but you'd probably kick me out! Cheryl

o

That is a great idea and very pretty too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here