Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Planted Fish Bowls

Posted by excessfroufrou 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 16:27

Here are my fish bowls that I got for a $1.00 a piece last year at a GS, I've just now gotten them planted. I don't they think they qualify as real terrariums because the hole in the top is too large and I have to water them more often. The little deer is from my childhood and the praying bunny came from the $ store. Now that I've finished them, I kinda wish I had made one of them a fairy garden. Sorry about the glare, I tried and tried to get a pic without it.
Frou

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Planted Fish Bowls

I love them! Good job!

o

Wow excessfroufrou, what a serene, peaceful looking mini garden! They are just beautiful. What a creative use for a fishbowl. You are right, they would make a beautiful fairy garden. I may try and make one for my granddaughter. She would love it. Thanks for posting pictures. I wonder how it would work in a small aquarium?

o

They turned out beautifully Frou! Love the little deer from your childhood...don't you just love being able to have that type of thing out where you can see it? They do look very peaceful....Thanks for sharing with us!

And, I love your metal glider in the background!

o

Beautiful, froufrou! Great recycling of fish bowls! Cute little critters' you put in there! And love the plants & arrangements! They look great out there by your glider! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

So Cute you girls are on a role Good going

o

I love them! You did an awesome job. But guess what? I love your glider even more. I've looked for one of those forever with no luck. Jealous!
Arlene

o

Thanks for the sweet remarks. I've had the glider along with the matching rocker and chair for about 15 years, every year it requires a little touch up, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I may still change the rabbit bowl to a fairy garden, when I find a fairy and some fairy accoutrements.
Frou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here