Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's bloomin in my neck of the woods

Posted by kylslil1 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 29, 11 at 16:34

I really wanted to post a picture of my metal planter I've been working on, but I think the blue needs one more coat....so maybe in a couple days. However, I went and reorganized my deck today, so I thought i'd share with you guys what's blooming. :) These pics are from my phone, so it's really difficult to get much coverage. So I just took pictures in sections.

2011-06-29_13-24-52_544.jpg

These are my pentas I just planted today and my white hibiscus I bought for 1!

2011-06-29_13-24-59_201.jpg

I thought this canna was supposed to be orange to match my citrus lantana...but it bloomed coral. Oh well, it's still pretty!

2011-06-29_13-25-03_290.jpg

I just planted the coontie in the corner today. Also, my pink begonias, little princess spirea, and my caladiums who've been blooming since march. :)

2011-06-29_13-25-16_940.jpg

All my "houseplants" are down here since it doesn't get any sun on the steps. The right side is lined too, you just cant tell because of my big begonia up there. :) lol

2011-06-29_13-25-24_216.jpg

Some more begonias and caladiums, a couple ferns and a crimson diplandenia next to my mom who was not happy to be in this picture. :)

2011-06-29_13-25-36_514.jpg

I need to redo my swing since a storm took out the top this winter!

2011-06-29_13-25-49_992.jpg

I got this little guy for a dollar while yard saling a couple weeks ago!

2011-06-29_13-25-57_839.jpg

A couple little yard sale brass nick nacks that are currently rusting....(AND I LOVE IT!)

2011-06-29_13-26-06_52.jpg

I got this mosaic lantern on the clearance rack and fell in love...I got the other little hangy suns at the dollar store...they're more for little things for my son to bat at while playing outside.

2011-06-29_13-27-05_215.jpg

I got these last week from CVS for four bucks. They have a timer and the candle flickers from 9-1. They look kinda eerie....but it's a neat effect!

Well, thanks for looking at all my junk. None of my friends "get it." So I just thought I'd share. :)

erin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's bloomin in my neck of the woods

How beautiful! I love the sea theme! Your little wheelbarrel is so sweet!!! And the display of clay pots...what a great idea! Your plants are thriving! Beautiful! Is that a lake in the background? Very relaxing environment! TFS! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

What a great deck. The vignette corner with the wheelbarrow is really lovely! I need to snag one of those photos for our Inspiration album. Its always a treat to see pretty little areas like yours!

Your view off the deck is fantastic!! I'm totally green with envy.

hugs, Karen

o

I love what you did with your little wheelbarrows. So pretty! I like all your great finds. I really like how you hung the metal pieces on your table. Great idea! I really covet your turtle planter though.

o

All of it looks great to me, the little squirrel peeking out on the deck,"She sell seashells" sign & shells around. The blues work so well with the coral & pinks & white. Little guy by pool looks like a sweetie! Grandma doesn't like the attention! She does match beautifully in the pic where she is sitting in the chair, her shirt looks great with the empty blue chair, blues go together well! Love the pond(lived at a lake all my life until I came out here)Is the fishing good in it? TFS Jan

o

Lots of good GJ on your deck! And your plants are looking really good! I like your "She sells seashells" sign...I think I've seen it before that you painted it. and your rusty knick knacks are lookin' good! That mosaiced lantern looks like a great pc! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

what a wonderful place to hang out!
Love the stars. I'm so jealous of your turtle planter. i walk by one on a nearby street and have coveted it.
Kathy

o

So many treasures! Love the beachy stuff and your location is great too! Love the little wheelbarrow planters and all of your plants!

o

We all seem to like the wheelbarrow planters-LOL
And I also like the fish on the table and the mermaid one...

o

Just had to update this. My pentas are out in full force! Now where are the hummers??? :):)

2011-07-11_14-57-04_270.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here