Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Bowling Pin Binge !

Posted by toomuchglass 53172 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 7, 11 at 16:34

I'm finally working on the bowling pins I bought last year.
I have about 30 . I got them from a guy on Craig's list - he said he used them for fundraisers, but now he's retiring. I scored them ALL for $15 !!! I'm on a mission to bling 'em up ! LOL With all my bowling balls and bowling pins - I could have my own little private bowling alley in the yard ~~~ hehehe

Here's the first 2 .... they look alot better in person - you can't see the irridized beads . Oh well.You get the idea.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The future one is hard to explain -- but it's a crazy quilt .
:) Pics to come soon !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Bowling Pin Binge !

Those are sooooo cool. My gosh what tedious work that must have been. Love the bright colors. Will you use them as yard decor?

o

Thank you ! Yes ... it's VERY tedious work . I put my radio on loud & sing along ... that way I forget about how boring it is ~ LOL

I don;t have room in my yard for all of them .... Maybe I can sell some. I don;t know .....

o

Those are very pretty !!! Just want to let you know that those beads will fade out side.

o

They're gorgeous. I have a pin that I have been saving forever. This give me an idea.

o

Beautiful! Can't wait to see more!
Kathy

o

They'll fade ??? OMG -- Thank you for telling me that !!!
I'm so glad you said something !! Now what ? I guess I'll have to keep them in the shade and take them inside in the fall . If anyone else knows about fading -- please let me know ! I want to keep these looking good !

o

They are beautiful! Can put them on a covered patio or deck or under shade tree, will really brighten areas up! Might have to mosaic a couple as they could probably do well in sun with rocks, glass pieces or ceramic pieces. Have fun! Jan

o

Kathy, you must have the patience of Job! I can't even imagine how much time it took for each one of those bowling pins.....the magpie in me is quite happy seeing them though! Great job...I didn't realize the plastic beads would fade either...glad Nana told you...they're way to pretty to lose.

o

They are pretty! Just find a shady spot for them. Those are so nice and a lot of work.

Down here in south Texas plastic beads not only fade, they crack and crumble after about one summer outside. I only use the plastic beads for things I don't really worry about like plant hangers. Resin garden stuff doesn't last outside here either.

Glass beads keep better, but are a lot more expensive. I buy them at TS and GS to keep the cost down.

o

I love those, they are fantastic, love the pattern on the second one. I used some plastic beads on some votive bugs that I have on the porch and they have held up fine for two years.
Frou

o

Very Cool! I wonder how flat marbles would work???

o

They are both very pretty! I know the resin stuff doesn't hold up in our hot/cold weather either. I haven't tried anything with the plastic beads but I'm glad nanatricia said something I was going to use some in a sparkler.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here