Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potting Bench

Posted by kirkus 5a (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 16:43

Waaaay baaaack when I posted this potting bench I made shortly after building it from old doors and an old workbench with thrift store iron and an old enamel pan. Here it is today...placed on our side porch and decorated with thrift store finds. I use the old Carnation milk box for soil. I get so much use out of this bench. ENJOY! Bear Hugs! Kirk

pottingbench004-1

A close-up of the pig collection above the bench... :o)

pottingbench008

Here is a close up of my blue chamber pot all potted up, sitting on the bench. :o)

pottingbench010-1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potting Bench

Looking good,and i love the use of all your old stuff.bird houses are my favorites as well old enamel ware of which i also have some pieces,but i have the red & white enamel.TFS
kathi

o

As I said on Facebook...I think this is the most beautiful potting bench I've ever seen...more of a piece of furniture really. Just gorgeous with all of your "collections" Kirk! TFS again!

o

YES !!!! so dang cute!!

o

I like all the changes, potty will look beautiful when that plant fills out. The 2 little birds on birdbath next to it are adorable. Scottie dog is cute too. Pigs & bears, interesting collection, don't think they like each other much so wise to keep them apart! Still love that bench!! Jan

o

Kirk, I really like what you have done with everything.
Love the shelf hanging on the wall.
You haven't been on as much lately, and I have missed you!

o

The potting bench looks well arranged with your assortment of loved items. I LOVE it all. JLily

o

Looks great. I have loooved that potting bench since way back when. Just realized I have that same lil birdbath w/birdies. I need to dig it out & put it to work! TFS

blessings,
~digger

o

Oh I love all the recycling you did to build this potting bench & then stained it such a beautiful shade of almost copper! Your pig collection is just perfect for this & all your enamelware & birds & rustic goodies! Love, love, love this! Thanks for the updated pics ...& looks like your porch is a perfect spot for it now! Jeanne S.

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 15:47

That is a great bench!!! Boy - I would love to find iron work like that!! SOOO many great finds

o

WoW!!! Just Beautiful!!!! Love your potting Bench - so nice! Wonderful work! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here