Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden signs - old wood

Posted by luvs2click 5 Ohio (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 17:01

Made these up for the garden fair this weekend. These are old pieces of wood given to us many years ago - I believe they are pieces of crates - they are slats nailed together with cross boards on the back and this wood is HARD, HARD, HARD! Hubby cleaned out his shop and threw them on the burn pile last summer. They laid there for a few weeks and one day I decided to rescue it. So it's laid around in MY shed for a year, and now they're finally done. I just used acrylic paint, foam stamps for the leaves and flowers, and then sealed them good with sealer. Some are for hanging, others are on spindles - found a pile of 36 treated lumber spindles at a garage sale for $5! We put a piece of 3/16" steel rod into the bottom so they would stick in the ground. I tried to go with sayings that might bring a chuckle. My favorite is the one with the butterfly - it is a wooden butterfly we nailed on so it is dimensional. I'm happy to be using up my stash of stuff.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden signs - old wood

These are great. And very inspiring. Good job!
T-

o

Well done, cute sayings. Good luck with your sale be sure to report back. I keep wanting a sign that says "Hangin' with my gnomies". But I don't have any gnomes (yet).
Kathy

o

Luvs, heres one for ya "weedem n reap" I always liked that one.
Thanx for sharing
carmen

o

Those are awesome! I love the shed one, too. And compost happens had me running for a kleenex - lol!!

o

Those are awesome! I love the shed one, too. And compost happens had me running for a kleenex - lol!!

o

LOVE them all Took a real shine to Bless my Bloomers. Hope your sale goes well. Let us know

o

Great signs!
Hope your show is great!

o

What a great job! They look awesome!

o

I like these. I made some that said...I have a rock garden. Last week... three of the died....Garden of Weedin'....and ...Frog parking only. All others will be toad.

o

It`s vary cool

Here is a link that might be useful: gooddream.com.ua

o

They are beautiful!!!

o

I like "I tried---it died" Most things do well with me but a few things I plant over & over & they always die. Bleeding heart, hydrangea just not my thing I guess. Good luck with your sale!! Jan

o

Very nice! I love signs in the garden..they make sure I pause now and then to read them and when I'm stopped, I'm sure to notice other things in the garden that I probably would have missed otherwise.

Here's another one for you: "It's gardening season and I'm so excited I wet my plants!"

I like the simplicity of your posies and the myraid of fonts you used which keeps them looking individually made and not at all assembly line!

o

So cute. Love their stakes too. I always seem to name the areas of our yard. I had some directional sings years ago. I think I need to do some again. I think a pallet would work for this for the boards. If I can not find some in my stash,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here