Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hit the jackpot today!!!!!!!

Posted by lynnencfan 7b/8aNC (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 11 at 17:11

I have been looking for smaller pieces of crystal and small plates to add to my totem glass collection and spotted a table of 'sparkely' on the opposite of a 4 lane road on my way to the Salvation Army to do some poking around. Got a couple things at the SA and on the way back home stopped at the yard sale. There in front of me was a whole table full of cut glass pieces, plates, candle stick holders all for 25 cents each. There are some more pieces but they are in the dishwasher now. I did pay $2 for the amber 2 piece candle holder. I am very happy today. Now I can start building .....

Lynne

Photobucket

really like these little votive candle holders with globes - these might not make it into totems
Photobucket

got 7 plates this size (6")
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hit the jackpot today!!!!!!!

SCORE! SCORE! SCORE! I am soooooo jealous! Im going yard saling with you from now on! :) I look forward to seeing what kind of prizes you make!

o

What a deal! I bet they will look stunning as totems and I bet the picture doesn't do the justice. Would those blue candle holders look great as part of a glass flower?

o

lol - I haven't even ventured to think of doing flowers yet - I am still trying to do my first totem after 2 years of drooling over everyones elses :) - I do love the flowers and yep I think they might get set aside for a 'future' project .....

Lynne

o

WOW! You hit the mother load....and such great prices. I have a couple of the amber votive lamps like that and so far I haven't used them for totems...they're really pretty for a fall table. Your "mushroom" looking votives are really pretty too!

o

Great bargain $$$ (well, actually 'cents!) You found some goodies...lookin' forward to seeing your totems! (& I would keep those globe votive holders for tablescaping! LOL! Have fun, lynne! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Great finds, Lynne. By the way, the amber piece is a vintage, pressed glass, fairy lamp candleholder. They go for $15 and up on eBay. I have a dark red one.

Your little blue trio of stacked ashtrays are neat too. Years ago I found an amber set of 4 at GW and made a tall skinny totem with them. I've never made plate flowers, yet.
double Amber Totems

hugs, Karen

o

Great finds and such deals. PM is right, my son sells those stackable blue astrays for around $25.00 a set at his store in Chicago.
Frou

o

Wonderful finds and such a great price.
Karen I love your totems too.
Kathy

o

You might want to hang on to a few of those pieces just for their value alone. I have a red fairy light too & they were going for around $15-$25 at a flea market last year. I found one for $2 at a GS nearby.

I was thinking plate flowers too when I seen the blue pieces & the small plates. Ya done good with this haul, & to think, there's more that's not here!

o

Such great finds and the best part was the prices. My dad used to asked me if I felt guilty for "stealing" at such ridiculously low prices! NOPE......good for me...too bad for them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here