Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Light fixture flowers

Posted by doodys 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 13, 11 at 17:13

Made these using light fixtures on a metal light strip.Used a Dowel for stem and plastic clothes line for leaves.PhotobucketPhotobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Light fixture flowers

Those are beautiful doodsy!
Walk me through what they are made out of.
Kathy

o

I like these! What kind of light fixtures are they?

o

Looks like LED lights . They're very pretty
( and CLEVER !! )

o

I agree...these are really pretty....what kind of light fixtures are those?

o

These are very pretty!!

o

yes tell us how to make those beauties, PLEASE

o

Very nice! Like the leaves too! Jan

o

****** Bumping this up !

o

• Posted by Dort none (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 15, 11 at 12:56

Oh, Me too! What kind of a light fixture is that??? Those are awesome!

o

Doodsy is keeping us guessing. Could we be looking at the back of fixtures? Maybe the "top" of ones that hang from the ceiling?
Kathy

o

I got these from Habitat restore.I assumed they came with globes but did'nt have any.There was six to a metal box.They looked like they may have went in a bathroom over a sink.I bought two of them,totaling 12 on each box.I removed them off the box,painted each one and put a coke lid in each one.I then added a little 'bling' in the center.I cut 12 dowels and painted them green.I then used green plastic clothes line.I put two holes that went all the way through the center of the dowels.I weaved it through the holes and caulked the ends and pushed it back in the holes. I used spray paint from walmart but used my metallic paint in bottles(walmart)to highlight the centers of each flower.I put them in the yard in front of my nadinas.

o
RE: flowers

# I meant to say bottle cap for the centers of the flowers......

o

Bet they look great in your flowers! Sounds like you did alot of recycling! (& work!) TFS! Jeanne S.

o

That is so neat, I love them. Coming here makes me look at every thing I see while junking to the extreme. Great job.
Suzq

o

Those are terrific flowers! What a great idea to use those light fixtures! I really, really like these.

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here