Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All I need now is a 2 x 4

Posted by toomuchglass 53172 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 15, 11 at 17:17

My neighbor gave me a junk piece of wood - so I decided to make a yard sign . It felt sooooo good to be back at the band saw ! I'm in a Gnome mood ....
Here it is :
Photobucket

Look good ? LOL -- this is when I just had everything base coated. Here's the top part of my yard stake :

Photobucket

This is the bottom sign ---

Photobucket

This is what it will look like when I find a 2 x 4 :

Photobucket

I love my drunken gnome !!! ROFL ...
The irony is -- all the while I was painting it -- I was enjoying my pink lemonade vodka ... or should I say "Daffydill Juice?" :P

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All I need now is a 2 x 4

Awesome paint job! So cute - wish I could paint.

o

That is really cute! I like it.
Marylee

o

Great sign!! Great painting! Did you use a pattern or just make it up? It looks big in the upper pics but since it is a gnome sign maybe it is small enough for 1 by 2 in. stake unless you get really bad winds or you could attach it to a tree in your gnome village if you have one. That would look really natural!!

o

Oh, your painting rocks! This is 'Gnome' CUTE!!! Good recycling & GJ, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

WOW! That is so awsome! Now that's talent. I see those flying off the shelves at a craft fair.

o

I got the idea from a "Collections" catalog. The gnome was a resin statue .. so I just drew my own and jazzed it up .
Thank you for the compliments :)

o

Very cute, excellent paint job. I think lemonade vodka is definitely daffydil juice!
Kathy

o

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! Wow, you are some artist! I had no idea just how talented you were till now. You rock!

This sign would have me grinning every time I walked past it. And I wouldn't mind some "daffydil juice" myself. LOL.

hugs, Karen

o

Wow You are so good !!!!!!!!!!!! I love it .
That "daffydil juice" sounds good also LOL!!!!

o

Your Gnome sign is adorable. That will liven up your garden. Jlily

o

OK Ladies, where do I get in line for the daffydill juice??? That sounds good! Lots of ice. It's been so hot and it sounds so harmless, like something the fairies would drink :) I just saw frozen strawberry lemonade advertised at McD's, hmmm...

Oh BTW, great job on the sign!

o

You're such a great painter! LOVE the sign!

o

That is so cute. You could definately make a good living just selling gnome signs. :)

o

That is sooooooooooooo cute,great paint job!!
Kathi

o

That's great, Kathy! wonderful job!

o

Hey toomuch, doya think if I drank some of that special pink lemonade I counld paint like that???
WOW!! that is great
Happy Gardening
Carmen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here