Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Conservatory

Marlene Kindred
13 years ago

I listed my Yard conservatory in the POSSE listing as well, but wanted to post it separately so all of the newbies will know why the POSSE thread keeps coming to the top of the posts. My DH made this for me and he crafted the metalwork himself!

{{gwi:153087}}

{{gwi:153090}}

{{gwi:153092}}

{{gwi:153093}}

Comments (17)

• tasymo
    13 years ago

How lovely! Sounds like your hubby is a keeper. Someday, I too will have a conservatory...

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

Very pretty!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Oh.......I am in love with that. Its gorgeous. (I may be falling in love with your DH too. LOL. Look out!)

This is just the one of the neatest things I've seen, and you know that is saying a lot here! I'm going to put the close-up of the Fairy Garden in the fairy album, but will put the other photo in Misc album.

WOW. I'm so impressed and so envious. LOL
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, Marlene....that is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I remember seeing the conservatory before but not all the personal touches you put into it! WOW! It is BEAUTIFUL!

Please share what plants you've put in there...love the angle at the birdbath ...and the elegant crystal chandie! The swan in the pond of glass is also quite elegant but that blue glass totem....my, oh my, that's #ONE!

Your DH put so much love into this GJ art & you certainly did the finish work! TFS...and on the POSSE thread, too! Jeanne S.

• sugarchalet
    13 years ago

That's just too cool! I love it!

• Kathryn Botard
    13 years ago

Oh how pretty. I was going to say I love this or that, but I love it all!

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

Marlene that's really beautiful! I remember seeing it before too, but not with all the stuff inside. I just love what you've done with it. The fairy/angel filling the little birdbath and the pond with the swan. Even it's own blue totem. Love the chandelier. What a really special little place! I bet it's interesting to watch it during the day as it changes with the light. I wonder how little lights or candles would look in there at night? How inspiring...very nice.

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

That is the most beautiful creation, Marlene. I remember your photos of it before you furnished the inside. Your hubby's metalwork is wonderful. He's very talented! Anyways your conservatory is a treat for the eyes now. That chandelier just makes it, but, like Kathy, I love ALL your interior features.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Great job on the ironwork DH did & beautiful job of decorating inside!! Love it & the4 corner posts & chandie in center,so sweet!! Jan

• indylisa
    13 years ago

So pretty and creative...grat job to u and your DH!!
    Lisa

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Marlene, that is gorgeous! The conservatory itself is beutiful but all your little bits and pieces in it are exquisite! I love your little blue totem. Great job between you and your DH!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks so much for all of the nice compliments! I've enjoyed having the conservatory and am happy to finally have something in it.

Jeanne~I used two mini rose bushes, a lime coleus, a begonia, some salvia and the blue annual I can't remember the name of. The stones came out of our yard and everything else is TS finds!

• grandmathyme
    13 years ago

How very lovely! Do you loan that hubby out??? hehehehehe

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Very neat idea .

• marleneann
    13 years ago

Oh what a wonderful hubby!

I can see it's made with love.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

OMGoodness, it is beyond beautiful. The structure it self was wonderful and now it looks straight out of a magazine. That angel looks like it was made for it. You out did yourself putting it together. Again, hats off to you.
    Frou

• seamommy
    13 years ago

I have a small one of those and just couldn't think of what to do with it til now. Thank you for the inspiration! Yours is lovely. Cheryl