Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Conservatory

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 18, 10 at 17:33

I listed my Yard conservatory in the POSSE listing as well, but wanted to post it separately so all of the newbies will know why the POSSE thread keeps coming to the top of the posts. My DH made this for me and he crafted the metalwork himself!

Photobucket

Conservatory planted

Conservatory planting

Conservatory top

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Conservatory

How lovely! Sounds like your hubby is a keeper. Someday, I too will have a conservatory...

o

Very pretty!

o

Oh.......I am in love with that. Its gorgeous. (I may be falling in love with your DH too. Smiley loveLOL. Look out!)

This is just the one of the neatest things I've seen, and you know that is saying a lot here! I'm going to put the close-up of the Fairy Garden in the fairy album, but will put the other photo in Misc album.

WOW. I'm so impressed and so envious. LOL
hugs, Karen
bowing Smileys

o

Oh, Marlene....that is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I remember seeing the conservatory before but not all the personal touches you put into it! WOW! It is BEAUTIFUL!

Please share what plants you've put in there...love the angle at the birdbath ...and the elegant crystal chandie! The swan in the pond of glass is also quite elegant but that blue glass totem....my, oh my, that's #ONE!

Your DH put so much love into this GJ art & you certainly did the finish work! TFS...and on the POSSE thread, too! Jeanne S.

o

That's just too cool! I love it!

o

Oh how pretty. I was going to say I love this or that, but I love it all! <3

o

Marlene that's really beautiful! I remember seeing it before too, but not with all the stuff inside. I just love what you've done with it. The fairy/angel filling the little birdbath and the pond with the swan. Even it's own blue totem. Love the chandelier. What a really special little place! I bet it's interesting to watch it during the day as it changes with the light. I wonder how little lights or candles would look in there at night? How inspiring...very nice.

o

That is the most beautiful creation, Marlene. I remember your photos of it before you furnished the inside. Your hubby's metalwork is wonderful. He's very talented! Anyways your conservatory is a treat for the eyes now. That chandelier just makes it, but, like Kathy, I love ALL your interior features.

o

Great job on the ironwork DH did & beautiful job of decorating inside!! Love it & the4 corner posts & chandie in center,so sweet!! Jan

o

So pretty and creative...grat job to u and your DH!!
Lisa

o

Marlene, that is gorgeous! The conservatory itself is beutiful but all your little bits and pieces in it are exquisite! I love your little blue totem. Great job between you and your DH!

o

Thanks so much for all of the nice compliments! I've enjoyed having the conservatory and am happy to finally have something in it.

Jeanne~I used two mini rose bushes, a lime coleus, a begonia, some salvia and the blue annual I can't remember the name of. The stones came out of our yard and everything else is TS finds!

o

How very lovely! Do you loan that hubby out??? hehehehehe

o

Very neat idea .

o

Oh what a wonderful hubby!

I can see it's made with love.

o

OMGoodness, it is beyond beautiful. The structure it self was wonderful and now it looks straight out of a magazine. That angel looks like it was made for it. You out did yourself putting it together. Again, hats off to you.
Frou

o

I have a small one of those and just couldn't think of what to do with it til now. Thank you for the inspiration! Yours is lovely. Cheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here