Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stereo Speakers

Posted by mssunflower 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 16, 11 at 17:40

This is what you can do with a couple of old stereo speaker frames. (It was either this or sell it for scrap aluminum. Personally, I prefer my solution)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stereo Speakers

Perfect pot size! Nice recycling! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Great idea! Hope you saved the magnet out of it. Can use them for retrieving nails from ground after re-roof house, finding nails you dropped while doing a project out side, Finding other metal objects you lost. If you drop a can of screws you can get them up with quick swing of the magnet. Jan

o

Great idea! And yes those magnets can be life savers. If we'd had one after hubby reroofed the shed recently (with shingles saved from the trash truck) I wouldn't have had a nail thru my foot.

I've been watching for some of the big older speakers. I want to put them in the bed along the side of the house and put up a sign that says "sound garden".

o

I like the color!

o

Love those! The color is great too.

o
Sound Garden!

That is funny "sound garden" lizzardly you will need some large "crickets" to go in there also. They make lots of noise or you could make one of odds & ends!! So far don't think anyone has made 1 ! Jan

o

Thank you all for your gracious and funny comments. The speakers are ones that My Dad picked up and was going to turn into the recycling place (they are aluminum) when I spotted them and knew they were great plant baskets. They already have the screw holes around the top rim, so if I want, I can make them hanging baskets - just need the bolts and the chain. They both came with the color. The second one just matched a can of spray paint that I had, so I painted what hadn't been covered. As for the magnets - they were already gone.:( They really would have been great to have as DH works on his big tractors in the driveway and I never know what he drops

You guys were my inspiration for doing this, so thanks.

Ms. Faith

o

Love them. Great reuse. Thanks for the details.
Kathy

o

Terrific recycle! I just love everybody's creativity on this forum!

o

What a great repurpose! I would have never known they were speaker frames. I agree they would look great hanging too and they look much better planted than recycled as aluminum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here