Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Red Bottles are here

toomuchglass
11 years ago

The owner of the Purple Foot ( the wine making supplies store ) told me awhile back , that red bottles were coming . They're here !!! They're not actually made of red glass -- they're clear, but with a bright , clear, vibrant red coating that is baked on . It's as tough as nails & won't fade. I think they're awesome. I bought some new .. $1.40 a bottle . Regular used wine bottles are $4.00 for 12. It's a small price to pay for such a pretty bottle.

Look ! ( again , it's cloudy -- in the light , they sparkle )

{{gwi:153177}}

Comments (19)

• nonacook
    11 years ago

I may have to check out my area for those!
    I will have to have a few!!!!!

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I never thought of this ..... I should have asked him where the bottles are distributed & how to get them.
    DUH is my middle name . I'll try & find out more.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

They look very pretty! Now test them outside on your bottle tree! (you did, I think!) Jeanne S.

• spedigrees z4VT
    11 years ago

Wowie zowie! Those red bottles are way cool! Now you have answered my question on your other thread about your lovely bottle tree in progress. By all means, if you find out more info about distribution of these bottles, let us know!

• maozamom NE Ohio
    11 years ago

I want some.

• laurastheme
    11 years ago

Me too!!!

• nonacook
    11 years ago

I called my area wine-making place (only one
    here) and they had not heard of the red bottles.
    He said "They would probably be expensive" and
    I told him what you paid, and that I would call
    him if you found us a supplier.

• nonacook
    11 years ago

I have been waiting patiently for info on the
    red bottles.
    Would the Purple Foot not tell you anything?
    I still want some, if you can find out where
    they came from.

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm sorry ! I totally forgot about them !!!!! I'll have to get out to the purple foot & scout them out & get info .

**I'm so sorry :( I think the heat wave fried my brain .

• nonacook
    11 years ago

Thanks, toomuchglass!
    Will continue to wait.... Grin

• washit3
    11 years ago

I am saving wine bottles for my daughters centerpieces at her wedding, and would love to add red to the bunch. I would also love this info. Thanks

• flowers12
    11 years ago

Can you please repost the picture of the red bottles? I would love to find where to buy them too.

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

here's the original pic. I'll be getting out there sometime this week to ask about them. Being the klutz queen , I sprained my ankle Sunday night . It'll be better in a few days :)

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

GW erased the pic when I went back to edit.

• flowers12
    11 years ago

Thank you for reposting the picture. Love the red bottles can't wait to get some.

• washit3
    11 years ago

Do you think this is it? Looks the same. Just wonder if the price is per a box of 12 or per

bottlehttp://www.shorecontainer.com/750mlredbordeauxflatbottom.aspx

• tehuti
    11 years ago

Red glass is made with Gold.

Some colors of glass are widely known. Perhaps the best example of this is "cobalt blue" that is produced by adding cobalt oxice to the glass melt. "vaseline glass" is a fluorescent yellow-green glass that contains small amounts of uranium oxide. "Ruby gold" and "cranbery glass" are red glasses produced by the addition of gold. "Selenium ruby" is a red color caused by the addition of selenium oxide and "Egyptian blue" is produced by the addition of copper.

• nonacook
    11 years ago

Thanks, wastit3! If I can't get them from my local wine place (who is on the list of the wholesaler now) I will try there.
    I just saw the new post by toomuch and will call my local person again sometime today.

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

These bottles are painted red. I have a piece of stained glass - it's a deep pinkish red ... it was $25 a square foot. The piece I have was $75. ! It's almost too pretty to use ~ LOL