Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Bottles are here

Posted by toomuchglass 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 17:54

The owner of the Purple Foot ( the wine making supplies store ) told me awhile back , that red bottles were coming . They're here !!! They're not actually made of red glass -- they're clear, but with a bright , clear, vibrant red coating that is baked on . It's as tough as nails & won't fade. I think they're awesome. I bought some new .. $1.40 a bottle . Regular used wine bottles are $4.00 for 12. It's a small price to pay for such a pretty bottle.
Look ! ( again , it's cloudy -- in the light , they sparkle )

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Bottles are here

I may have to check out my area for those!
I will have to have a few!!!!!

o

I never thought of this ..... I should have asked him where the bottles are distributed & how to get them.
DUH is my middle name . I'll try & find out more.

o

They look very pretty! Now test them outside on your bottle tree! (you did, I think!) Jeanne S.

o

Wowie zowie! Those red bottles are way cool! Now you have answered my question on your other thread about your lovely bottle tree in progress. By all means, if you find out more info about distribution of these bottles, let us know!

o

I want some.

o

Me too!!!

o

I called my area wine-making place (only one
here) and they had not heard of the red bottles.
He said "They would probably be expensive" and
I told him what you paid, and that I would call
him if you found us a supplier.

o

I have been waiting patiently for info on the
red bottles.
Would the Purple Foot not tell you anything?
I still want some, if you can find out where
they came from.

o

I'm sorry ! I totally forgot about them !!!!! I'll have to get out to the purple foot & scout them out & get info .

**I'm so sorry :( I think the heat wave fried my brain .

o

Thanks, toomuchglass!
Will continue to wait.... Grin

o

I am saving wine bottles for my daughters centerpieces at her wedding, and would love to add red to the bunch. I would also love this info. Thanks

o

Can you please repost the picture of the red bottles? I would love to find where to buy them too.

o

here's the original pic. I'll be getting out there sometime this week to ask about them. Being the klutz queen , I sprained my ankle Sunday night . It'll be better in a few days :)

o
OOOps ---

GW erased the pic when I went back to edit.

o

Thank you for reposting the picture. Love the red bottles can't wait to get some.

o

Do you think this is it? Looks the same. Just wonder if the price is per a box of 12 or per

bottlehttp://www.shorecontainer.com/750mlredbordeauxflatbottom.aspx

o

Red glass is made with Gold.

Some colors of glass are widely known. Perhaps the best example of this is "cobalt blue" that is produced by adding cobalt oxice to the glass melt. "vaseline glass" is a fluorescent yellow-green glass that contains small amounts of uranium oxide. "Ruby gold" and "cranbery glass" are red glasses produced by the addition of gold. "Selenium ruby" is a red color caused by the addition of selenium oxide and "Egyptian blue" is produced by the addition of copper.

o

Thanks, wastit3! If I can't get them from my local wine place (who is on the list of the wholesaler now) I will try there.
I just saw the new post by toomuch and will call my local person again sometime today.

o

These bottles are painted red. I have a piece of stained glass - it's a deep pinkish red ... it was $25 a square foot. The piece I have was $75. ! It's almost too pretty to use ~ LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here