Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden junk path

Posted by mao_tse_mom z5 Oh (maozamom@hotmail.com) on
Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 17:56

We were part of a garden tour yesterday and my Dh finished this path just in time to open it for the tour.

From Garden Tour June 23, 2012

it starts with an old grinding stone and then the end of a park bench

A couple of crucible lids, a furnace grate, brick from the chimney of our last house continue on.

Flagstone, a decorative piece, and then a nice piece of granite.

this first piece was very popular (and Heavy decorative piece a half century ago. More brick, granite and flagstone.

A cross, grinding wheel and another old heavy decorative piece.

a cross, and two brass pieces my Dh made at work. He's a machinist.

More stone and brick, and then a final grinding wheel to end the path.

My favorite is the park bench. He surprised me with its addition, and I was very pleased.

I'm not sure any visitors even saw this hosta bed. Everyone was looking down at their feet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden junk path

This is very cool!!

o

The path is wonderful and beautifully done!

Your garden tour was about more than plants, awesome!

o

A wonderful winding and decorative path. Your imagination has led to a perfectly wonderful walk. TYFS Jlily

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 20:28

LOVE IT. I love found objects in paths. I try but you much more interesting objects!!

o

What a great idea! Love all the different pieces and textures you used!

o

What a great idea! Love all the different pieces and textures you used!

o

love it and thanks for sharing

o

I would love to have walked that garden path! Ohhh...so unique! Great texture & shapes ...using brick, stone & iron!! & put tog so beautifully! Love it! I didn't see your park bench tho...Jeanne S.

o

I love your path!
Will try some of that in my garden.
Where can we see more photos of your
garden????

o

Wonderful! Love the path, also the rest of your lovely garden (nonacook, there is a link below the first picture, I know, I almost missed it too).

Sandy

o

Your garden path is wonderful, mao! I love the way the metal and stone blend in your walkway. You've given me all sorts of inspiration. The area with the blue stones is very pretty. What a beautifully colorful painted house you have! And I love your little greenhouse. Is the house with the giant metal rooster a building on your property or is it someone else's home? Thank you for sharing this garden tour with us!

o

Drooling over that path back here. Missed the link the first time too (thanks for pointing it out, Sandy) It's all so lovely. TFS..

blessings,
~digger

o

Thanks everyone for the kind word. I get so many of my ideas from this forum and I think it's only fair to share with you what I did with them.

One of the volunteers checking tickets came by today with her landscaper. She wanted him to see our path because she wants to incorporate the idea in her new path.

I'm including a link to my Picasa Album for those who want to look. Way more pictures then anyone wants to look at.

The white building was built as a hen house but is now my potting shed. It's fenced in and has a softer color scheme than the rest of my garden so that it seems as if its a separate little cottage. There's a day bed, Amish rocker, and potbelly stove for when I want to relax.

mao

Here is a link that might be useful: My picasa album

o

That's awesome. I would kill for a path like that, but HD can't see the artistic beauty in that kind of thing.

Couldn't get to your picasa album. For some reason the link took it to mine...and I no longer even have picasa.

o

I enjoyed all 57 pics. Just click on under 1st pic where it says June 2012 garden tour & click on 1st pic & then click on right side in area about center right side of pic to get each new pic. The watering cans along the path are so neat & the pond & the many totems, love some used as plant stands, Would like to see "Uncle Sam" up close, he's so tall & looks interesting! The chicken is interesting, what is he made of? I looked at your path 1st & then went back up & saw the Hostas, so many colors of green & other areas around your house have so many lovely colors. Enjoyed all of it.TFS Jan

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 18:35

OK now I need a bunch of watering cans!! What is your rooster made of and did you make that?

o

Got it. I was clicking on 'my picasa album. Great landscaping. Love it all! But especially the path.

o

The rooster was bought at a fleamarket. It was made from old metal drums.

My husband is my hero. I come up with the ideas for the garden and he's right there implementing them with me. The path is just the latest project he's show true enthusiasm for.

o

Were you part of the hosta convention? If no, you should have been with this beauty.

o

• Posted by 9bark 5 British Columbia (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 12:08

Wow wow! Impressive! I am blown away by the beauty of your path! Definitely an inspiration! thanks!

o

Plantbug- The North Coast Hosta Society is scheduled to tour our garden next Saturday. If we hadn't improved the path this hosta area wouldn't have been safe to walk through. This gave us incentive to finish it in a short time.

I'd love for people to use our ideas for inspiration. I know our green house we built from old windows five years ago is all over the internet and has surely lent itself to imitation.

mao

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here