Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncshabbybeach

I Love to Plant Junk in my Garden!

ncshabbybeach
14 years ago

Hey to all! I found you by accident when looking for Tipsy Pot Ideas! For the last Three years I have been creating and Selling Garden Chairs (Re purposing old chairs. I have been checking out all of the good ideas from past and present posts, I am driving my hubby crazy! He can't believe I am planting Junk..(as he puts it). I will post some pics in the coming days of my garden ideas so far. I have also gotten hooked on Bottle Bugs.....I have made 10 inthe last 5 days...whew! My Grand Daughter loves them! Look out Thrift Stores and Yard Sales...Here I come!!! LOL I hope to spend much time here and also hope to give and get many more ideas!

Image link:

Comments (28)

• leveta
    14 years ago

Well it looks like you fit right in here...Welcome....Love your setting...

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Nice fence! Looking forward to more pics.

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Welcome. Your tipsy's are awesome.

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

Welcome! and Wow! You definately fit right in here....and you are already inspiring me! I have been looking for an idea for a fence/railing for the patio area in front of my studio. This is perfect...and I already have almost enough bed parts to make it. Thank you for sharing this idea. I hope you will continue to share with us.

~Micki~

• ncshabbybeach
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am feeling so welcome! Thanks to all! I love my fence too! so much that I am planing a rose garden on the other side completely fenced in by the Headboards and footboards. This Pic is from last year, won't have the rose garden done until next year lotsa ideas brewing there. To many projects going right now! We just put a Porch across the front of our house, for 50 years there has been a 4' x 4' stoop, now there is an 8' x 48' Porch. This picture is just after we finished the concrete. I am having a blast with planting this year plenty of space to do it. I am so happy to have folks to share with!

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

Tipsy pots are addictive for sure! So is collecting junk to plant in!!!!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

OH MY WOW!!!! You have excellent display insite. Very cool look. The last time I saw a cool fence like that it was in Salado TX and they were old bikes, painted white, and lined up and adjoined to make a fence.

• blossomsandlace
    14 years ago

Impressive display!! Cant wait to see more.

Betty

• TwoMonths
    14 years ago

There is a fence of green bikes in a Georgetown TX area in front of a gift/antique shop.

Welcome to our neighborhood...we love pics. I am excited to see one of your garden chairs. do you paint them or plant them?

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I didn't see any junk!! Just a lovely white fence & really nice tipsy pots!! Thanks for showing us & Welcome to GJ's! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Welcome to the Junkyard, ncshabbybeach! You will fit in perfectly, if your yard is any indication. Love the headboard fence and your tipsy pots. Can't wait to see more of your creations!

• biddlebeach
    14 years ago

That is amazing!! wow!!
    great job! love it!
    welcome to our little slice of heaven!

• dulldecorator
    14 years ago

this is most awesome!! where at NC? This is the state I most want to lve in, my family and I call Topsail Is
    land "Heaven on Earth"!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Welcome to our junkyard Shabby!! Glad to have you here! I just LOVE your white wrought iron bed fence! Looks wonderful! And your planters, bench, etc. look right at home! Thanks for sharing with us and we look forward to see more of your creations soon!

• msmitoagain
    14 years ago

Hey ShabbyBeach,

Luv your stuff. Great that you found so many beds to make your fence. Looks great.

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Welcome, shabbybeach! Also luv your fence! Yes, this forum is so much fun! Everyone shares so many "very cool" ideas! Your porch pic was not attached in your reply above...would luv to see it! Anyway, BIG WELCOME!! Keep havin' fun (and sharing pics!) Jeanne S.

• joannpalmyra
    14 years ago

Oh great...now I have to start collecting iron bed frames.
    LOL. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Add my WELCOME to the others. I'm glad you found us, LOL.
    You sure belong here it seems.

hugs, Karen

• Sandplum1
    14 years ago

Awesome fence! Love the red and white contrasts.

• maggie4737
    14 years ago

That's the most awesome fence I've ever seen!!

• ncshabbybeach
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, Maggie, I love it too! This is actually my second fence. Be sure to check my page and go to my Blog to see the first. I am making more plans for it, I like to change things every year, usually add new and move the old and use it another way or another place. I am so glad to meet everyone here. I am now looking for glass to make a totem, I may even try some bowling ball lady bugs....You all have great imaginations!!!

twomonths...I have posted pics of my chairs on my Blog. Check my page for a link. The answer to your question....Both paint and plant... LOL

Thanks to the rest for the compliments, Makes me want to get busy.....Planting More Junk!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: My first Headboard Fence and Gate

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

WOW! And Welcome!!! You sure make Great Tipsy pots!!! Love the gate and fences too! And all your bright chairs!!!

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

Welcome you will definitely enjoy this Forum!!!(:)
    I just love everything you have done, the fence the different vignettes, the tipsy pots. chairs, etc. etc. etc.
    Can't wait to see more of your GJ surprises and creativity!!!

NanaGrandma
    Sylvia

• katladie
    14 years ago

Wow, thanks for the great ideas, I have 3 headboards, one the bed I slept in growing up. Now I know just how to display them. Gotta collect a few more. I really love the arbor, gonna do it too.

Sharon

• katladie
    14 years ago

Just wanted to let you know that your headboard fence has inspired a new garden bed for me. I have three headboards, need 7 more. I am making a corner fence with dayliles planted all along the inside, I will probably fill in with low growing annuals. It is going to be to add privacy to a sitting area for me to watch the butterflies and hummers from. Thanks for the great idea.

Sharon

• Crafty Gardener
    14 years ago

I love the headboard fence, so unique. Hm-m-m now where can I find a lot of headboards????

• laurastheme
    14 years ago

I love that fence!! That's my idea of art, but (sigh) my DH sees JUNK.

• katladie
    14 years ago

My DH, goes along with it, he even likes my planted toilet, which I must admit looks really good.

Sharon