Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rural Mail Box

Posted by susiewantsroses 7b (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 22, 10 at 18:10

What can be made from a rural mail box? I know about a supply box for the garden. Has anyone ever made a bird house with one? I put it in the search engine and got 5500 results. Thought maybe ya'll could help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rural Mail Box

here's one for sale....CHECK OUT THE PRICE!!! lol

Here is a link that might be useful: deans custom mailboxes

o

Hi Susie, Check out these mailboxes. They might inspire you. I googled 'funky mailbox'. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Funky Mailboxes

o

I found these neat fairy houses made from mailboxes, tho probably not what you are talking about as I'm sure the rural ones are much bigger. But gosh, these houses are
so pretty! Wish I had just one artistic bone in my body!

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: mailbox fairy houses

o

We pulled this old mail box off of my grandparents farm in AL. I dont need to use it for mail but I want to decorate it and post it in my tiny suburban garden. I can see all of our Junkers and Trash to Treasure gang taking this idea and really running with it. mmebrady- those boxes were hillarious and imaginative.
Linda-I already have trouble getting the mail as it is. Now you want me to make my box look like a pistal? LOL That site had some wild ideas that belong in a gallery.
Karen- The fairy houses are exquisite and that might be exactly the idea I am looking for.

Or I could put wheels on it and make it a mini mobile home for the tiny mouse that was in my garden. I can see a lot of possibilities brewing. I've got plenty of time to do this. Hubs has got to install a gate and an arbor first. Then the post can go in for the box.

o

hat I painted for the garden
Photobucket

o
RE: Rural Mail Box two

Here is one that I mosaiced
mailbox

o

SuzieRose, I like the mobile home idea for your little mouse. LOL, I know he'd really appreciate a home for his family to live in. ;o)

Oh, I hit send before I was thru typing. Obviously the "fairy" mailboxes aren't made as such, they are just wonderfully decorated COTTAGE mailboxes. I got carried away seeing them and instantly thought Fairy House!!

hugs, Karen

o

Just inspired me to do something with the mailbox I have saved. Thanks Lisa

o

I havw one in the garden and use it as a peanut feeder for the bluejays.
I have another one that I keep on my outside workbench and I keep all my garden hand tools in it.

Here is a link that might be useful: feeder

o

You all are smart, creative, imaginative, and now I want several more mail boxes. Love all the ideas.
Really cool blogsite Ms Craftygardener!
gmadeb- Your hand painting and mosaic work is just beautiful.
This could be the start of something big everybody. Too bad the CRAFT OF THE SEASON (POTM THINGY) was not metal or tin. I'd be set.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here