Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quiestion: Golf clubs

Posted by sprout_wi z4 WI (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 4, 10 at 18:48

I live near what I will call the Golden Triangle: I live 15 miles from 3 separate GW's. They are laid out in a triange - 15 miles (approx.) apart.

My question is: Does anyone have a creative use for old golf clubs? All three of the GW stores are over-loaded with used clubs.

Does your GW seem to have an over-abundance of anything?
Thanks,
-Sprout

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quiestion: Golf clubs

Golf Clubs with wooden shafts may be very valuable. But you gave me an idea they might work for plate flower holders. Not the wooden ones though those I would display somehow.

o

The golden triangle, thats a riot, and lucky you (and them)!
I tried to find a post of fence flowers made with golf clubs that i remember from years ago. No luck. It must have fallen over the edge. I don't remember how they were made but I do remember liking them. Did anyone save a pic of these? Or is the poster still around?
Kathy

o

I wss thinking of using them in place of rebar or pipe for garden stakes and glass plate flowers. Depends on the price.

I did have another idea. If the handle grips are nice (not wood) to cut them off long enough to use them as hose guides. I suppose either end would work for that.

o

I remember the fence flowers. Don't know if I saved a pic or not. The center of the flower was the club head, the stem was the shaft and the petals were colorful shoe horns.

o

Shoe horns! that is what i couldn't remember. They are similar to the golf club shape and fit well with it.
Kathy

o

here you go!

Louie decided to hop into the photo, so now it's a cat scratcher-

Here is a link that might be useful: cat scratch fever

o

I've seen birdhouses where they use the head of the club as a perch

o

I saw paper towel holders made with some golf clubs, but don't remember where.

o

Great ideas, everyone - thanks!!

mjowest- the cat scratch idea is cute. Looking at those golf clubs reminded me of flamingo heads. If I could think of something to use for a beak, they could be painted pink, and would make cute plant stakes.
-Sprout

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here