Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Look what I got....for FREE!!!

Marlene Kindred
13 years ago

My workplace was not using this fountain....so, I got to bring it home with me!! I am SOOO excited!! LOVE it!

{{gwi:151515}}

It is concrete and weighs a bazillion pounds, but it turned out beautifully I think. DH had to wash it, fix the pump and do a little tuning up of the waterworks....he's wonderful!

Comments (19)

• shrillmtb
    13 years ago

You are so lucky - it's gorgeous!!! And it gave me an idea (that I will hopefully get around to trying this summer). Thanks!

Sheryll

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

WOW! Lucky girl! I love it & DH did a great job re-vamping it! Is this near your pond or a different side of the house? Is it too late to plant like an Elephant Ear or something (or canna) in the area? I LOVE IT! And I'm loving that sunny face above it! TFS! Jeanne S. ...your Hosta's look wonderful there, too!

• kacram
    13 years ago

that is GREAT!!!!!! what a score!
    I can't believe that they gave it to you!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Looks like a piece from antique sale!! Glad hubby got it working!! So soothing to hear running water in the garden!! Jan

• kirkus
    13 years ago

YOU LUCKY GIRL!!!!!!!!!! How beautiful! Looks GREAT there! I am sooo jealous BUT you deserve it for being such a nice person! I can almost hear the water running as I look at the picture! TFS! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• indylisa
    13 years ago

Looks great!! Free is great...I love that or a good deal!!!
    Lisa

• luvs2click
    13 years ago

That is amazing, lucky you! It looks great there!
    Arlene

• nonacook
    13 years ago

How wonderful!!!!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Get out of here! You always say I'm the lucky one, well it seems to have rubbed off on you. That is beautiful. Color me pea green.
    Frou

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

WOW!!! you're so lucky!!! what a great score!! It's really beautiful!

• tennis_t
    13 years ago

SCORE!

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

What luck to get this beautiful concrete fountain! I'm green with envy! It looks beautiful under your concrete and metal sunshine. Something this gorgeous should definitely be used and appreciated, and it looks like this fountain has found its home.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I am soooo Jellassss!!! Gorgeous, great score!!!

• marleneann
    13 years ago

WOW!...lucky you.

• kudzukween
    13 years ago

oh wow! that's so pretty:D

• seamommy
    13 years ago

Totally nice! I bet the birds will love it too! Cheryl

• cait1
    13 years ago

I hate you!!!! (What thread did I write about that in so very long ago???)

Actually, I'm VERY HAPPY for you! Jealous, but happy for you. You've been blessed.

And how do you get your hosta to grow so big? I'm hopeless when it comes to certain plants and hosta is one of them.

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

What a beautiful fountain Marlene. I think the moss sounds like a great idea. Or maybe mosaic - or both. It's so nice Maybe think about doing a whole area around it.

I was watering with the hose this afternoon and the dragonflies kept divebombing the water like they do. I thought wouldn't it be cute if you had (some kind of) dragonflies on springy wire that would bob up and down in the water.

btw, kudos to your dh. He sure is a handy guy to have around.

• susiewantsroses
    13 years ago

Nothing is more beautiful or relaxing to me than running water. Isn't that a horse trough fixture? They use to have those in town for when people rode in on their horse. Galveston TX had one that had a lower level for your dog too. (So much for today's leash laws.)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services