Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Privacy fence....all junked up!

Marlene Kindred
13 years ago

We reused two old metal wheels from my Daddy's hay rake, an old window from his garage and the metal decorative back from a worn out garden bench. Team that with an old crosscut saw and my four metal roosters I found junking and here's what we came up with.....

{{gwi:154373}}

{{gwi:154375}}

Comments (12)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ohhh, I've loved those roosters when you first showed them! ...and now with the old hay rake wheels, cross saw & old bench goodies, your fence looks wonderful! I don't know if "junked it up" is the correct phrase or not...it looks pretty darn "classy" to me! TFS, Marlene! Jeanne S.

• tasymo
    13 years ago

If you ever get tired of your roosters, send 'em my way! I've been keeping my eye peeled for some ever since you first showed them to us! My Chicken Garden really needs some!!

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

I love it! You did a great job of putting it all together!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

CUTE!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Love the fence decor! With chainlink like I have you can't do very much. I am tempted to buy a section of wooden fence 'just for looks'!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Much more "uptown" then junk!! Very classy with the painted shutters & that crosscut saw makes great grass for the scene. My DIL would go crazy for those roosters & I do, too!! Love the hayrake wheels. DS just "planted" 2 in his yard with the rusted out area in the ground, they look great that way in case anyone has any around. Jan

• indylisa
    13 years ago

Looks nice!! Creativity....I like to be in that role.
    Lisa

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Marlene, you out did yourself girl! That's my kind of GJ, painted and arranged neatly in a well groomed yard. I'm not a rooster fan, but those are super and I love the teal/aqua color. Your birdhouse color from a while back, inspired the color of the project I'm working on now, a window. Great job!
    Frou

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

I adore your metal roosters!

• seamommy
    13 years ago

That's really pretty with the roosters on it. I love roosters myself. I have one again for the first time in three years, and have realized how much I missed old Roo after he died. There's nothing like waking up to the crow of a rooster in the morning. i love it!

Nonacook, if you have chain link you can use a shovel head to make a bird feeder, by inserting the handle end of the head through the chain. The weight of the metal head braces the whole thing in the fence and it doesn't fall out even when the birds and squirrels sit on it.

You can also insert the handles of old enamel sauce pots into the fence for bird feeders, but you might have to brace them with Christmas ornament hooks cause they're much lighter than a shovel. I have a collection of them in red, blue and green enamel that I scrounged from the thrift stores. I loved the chain link we had around our dog run because I could do so many things with it. Cheryl

• susiewantsroses
    13 years ago

Artsy Fartsy Farm and garden themed visual pleasure!!!

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

WOW!!! Sure dressed up that fence!!! Very Nice!

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions