Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
todays yard sale finds

Posted by alaMel 4a (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 9, 11 at 19:29

Today was a totem lovers paradise, so, I decided im going to make one. Here are some cool planters. The plastic terra cotta ones are going to get painted. More posts coming as I still only know how to post one picture at a time.

Image link: todays yard sale finds (40 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: todays yard sale finds

Those are great. I'd love to find some buckets like those.

To post more than one picture, you need to get the "html" code from the list for each photo and paste it directly in the text of the message.

o

I want those urns!

o

Wow! What a haul!!

o

Looks like a minnow bucket & coal carrier. I have some of those urn looking plastic planters. They last pretty well, I've had them 3-4 years & haven't broken or cracked yet, would last better painted tho. Mine are white. They had green & color you have also at the 99 cent store. Didn't see them this year. Love your long 1/2 barrel thing too at back of pic. Wipe the metal down with alcohol before you paint it & try not to touch it except on handles so when it is dry from alcohol, it will keep paint on. Jan

o

Thanks Jan. I have a close up of that posted under 'wine barrel take 2' if you want to see it better. Also check out 'glue a totem?.....' for other awsome finds from today. Thanks everyone *hugs*.

o

JACKPOT !!

Karen who's green with envy

o

Wonderful finds!
I have some of those plastic planters (large.) I had painted them to look like rusty iron and they really did. A neighbor ran accross the street to tell me they looked awful, lol. I have one small one inside painted to look like non rusty iron.
The paint did chip on the outdoor ones after a few years so I put them in the garage where they are still waiting their next look. I'm eager to see what you do with yours. If I redo them , I will prime with kilz, or something.
Kathy

o

I like the urns too!
I also spray painted with plastic fusion paint.
Actually I think I bought the 'spray plastic with this'
(don't remember the name) paint and than used any color spray paint.....
Makes the plastic pots look wonderfully colored!

o

What great finds, I love the coal bucket thingy. I too have the urns. I picked one out of someone's trash on my morning walk. I washed and painted and it is wonderful.
Frou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here