Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
finally some pix to share!

Posted by mmebrady (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 13, 10 at 19:30

Hello! I've been lurking and occasionally posting for several weeks, and I finally have a couple of pix to share! Nothing fancy, as I am very new to junking, and trying desperately to develop what minimal artistic abilities I have been blessed with, but I put up my very first photobucket album, so check it out if yo have a moment!

Tracy

http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz102/mmebrady/Garden Junk 2010/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: finally some pix to share!

Great start, Tracy! I especially love the desk, and the tie dyed ladder.

o

Thank you! The desk didn't require any real transformation, the cool part about the ladder is that I had the image in my head, set my 11 & 13 year old daughters to the task, and it pretty much turned out like I had envisioned it! The only thing I have on it so far is a tiny piece of old wood that I thought looked kind of neat, but I have so many projects "in progress" that something will work. I'm thinking of maybe 3 enamel pots I garage saled, but I'm torn between paint and mosaic....

o

Hi Tracy! TFS your pics & opening the Photobucket! I enjoyed especially your old chairs ...& the teakettles planted with herbs...they look good "white," too! Looks like your girls had fun with the spray paint...that ladder looks wonderful...please share another pic when you put stuff on it...or grow stuff over it ... or whatever you decide to do! LOL!

Don't know if you've figured out how to put your Photobucket into the "optional link URL ...but you just highlight your photobucket http:///address (when you have PB open), right click & choose "copy" ...and then in your GJ forum where you are posting a message...you just "right click" & choose "paste" in the optional link URL ...and then must fill in a name in the "Name of the link"...if you know this already, please forgive. I've done this with your PB link so it is clickable for other's looking. TFSharing your GJ! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: mmebrady's Photobucket

o

Cool stuff, mmebrady! The tie-dye ladder is totally groovy. Tell the girls that they did an awesome job on it. I really like your hand trowel knocker ... how cool is that? And of course I gotta love the rusty "Les fleurs" sign. The old school desk, chairs and tea kettles are wonderful too. Keep those pictures coming!

o

Glad you're part of the forum!!! I love your pictures! Being a teacher, I'm particularly fond of the desk! How cool is that? I LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

HI Mmebrady! Love the ladder your girls did, hope you sealed it with clear Krylon or something , Colors will last better & any part that didn't get sprayed will stay same color as now unless you want it to age. Cute teapot planters!! Like your painted stone signs,you must have a ready supply around, they are beautiful!Welcome aboard!! Jan

o

Welcome Mmebrady! Glad to have you join us....loved your planters and the step ladder! Keep up the good work...we love seeing pictures!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here