Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iron Bed Bench

Posted by kathyjb 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 10, 08 at 19:51

I have seen a lot of garden benches made from old wooden beds, but not out of iron. Does anyone have any pictures they could post or show me the threads if they have already been posted? I have a twin size iron bed I want to make into a bench, but not sure what it will look like. Hubby said he would weld it if I showed him a picture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iron Bed Bench

It has been so long since I posted a photo I sure hope this works. The bench was made from a full sized bedstead and DH and I made it together. We just cut out 1/3 of the middle on the footboard to make the sides 18" deep. A twin might not nee any of the center taken out. Good Luck and have fun/
coloredthumb/ CT

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/alleegirl/n.jpg[/IMG]

o
opps

Wrong photo That was a mural I painted. I copied the wrong code sorry trying again

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/alleegirl/sweetheartmetalheadboadbench.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: bench from metal headboard

o

wow great bench colored thumb!!

o

Thanks. Mine is the big round type. I hope the metal is not so thin he will have trouble welding it.
posting pictures really isn't that hard. I tried to show you the code for posting photos from photobucket, but it won't let me.

o

Thanks for the compliment. I am proud of it. It was the first T2T project I got the DH to help with.
Its been nearly 4 years since we made it. Gone thru 4 hurricanes, many tropical storms, lots of sun, heat and humidity, LOTS of use/abuse and moves around the yard. It is still in great shape. I just have to throw on a coat of paint on both the wood seat and metal, this year to make it look spiffy. The glass globes are gone because I sliced my arm open when I brushed against it. Painted black PVC end caps are on the posts.

CT

o

Here's mine that I found in the garage when I moved in. My dad welded it for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bed couch

o

Tootiet that looks almost exactly like mine, thanks for the post. Thanks everyone for helping me out.

o

Those are great! You know I'm so numb I never figured out until this thread that to make the benches you cut the footboard in half (with adjustments if needed) and use it as the sides and arms of the bench. Der! Somehow it is clearer seeing it in the metal.

o

ha, I like that box that has "Things" on it. I could always use a good things or thingy box.

o

I've seen these beds-to-benches for awhile. Today I finally found one I hope DH will transform for me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here