Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

What did I do on vacation?

concretenprimroses
12 years ago

Shop, of course!

Dh had a several day meeting in the beautiful white mountains of NH so I went with him. When he didn't have business we hiked (huff puff on my part). while he was in meetings I shopped. I didn't go to the outlet stores in Conway. Oh no. I sought out every antique, junk and thrift store I could find!

Bethlehem NH, quite near beautiful Franconia Notch and Mt. Washington, has a lot of antique stores! I got some stuff at one or 2 other places.

I think I found some pieces that I need to finish some plate flowers. And since i was on vaca, I spent more money than I would have at home. Almost $40!

Here's what I got:

{{gwi:154887}}

One man was so nice: when I asked if I could have a plate he threw in the garbage because I mosaic, he insisted on giving me this little vase and old sugar bowl cover too.

{{gwi:154888}}

Some of the glass is for plate flowers, and the ceramic plates too or to break for mosaic. The blue birds were a splurge at $4 each, but I just love the idea of them on top of a totem.

Hopefully next week I'll post some of the stuff I made this weekend, rain permitting!

TFL

Kathy

Comments (11)