Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What did I do on vacation?

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 23, 11 at 20:03

Shop, of course!

Dh had a several day meeting in the beautiful white mountains of NH so I went with him. When he didn't have business we hiked (huff puff on my part). while he was in meetings I shopped. I didn't go to the outlet stores in Conway. Oh no. I sought out every antique, junk and thrift store I could find!
Bethlehem NH, quite near beautiful Franconia Notch and Mt. Washington, has a lot of antique stores! I got some stuff at one or 2 other places.

I think I found some pieces that I need to finish some plate flowers. And since i was on vaca, I spent more money than I would have at home. Almost $40!

Here's what I got:

Bethlehem NH mostly

One man was so nice: when I asked if I could have a plate he threw in the garbage because I mosaic, he insisted on giving me this little vase and old sugar bowl cover too.

Photobucket

Some of the glass is for plate flowers, and the ceramic plates too or to break for mosaic. The blue birds were a splurge at $4 each, but I just love the idea of them on top of a totem.

Hopefully next week I'll post some of the stuff I made this weekend, rain permitting!

TFL
Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What did I do on vacation?

What a nice haul! I have one of those bluebirds too! Love all of your plates and glassware...I see you found some red glass too. Glad you got to go shopping and on vacation...TFS!

o

Nice stuff! I love the thrill of finding neat things.I am working on using your advice for plate flowers. Hopefully will figure out how to post pics soon :) Kim

o

Hey those blue birds rock! What a nice haul!

o

Bluebirds caught my eye 1st thing & the red glass. The plate with chip will look great in mosaic project. I also like that bowl on your counter with the blue bird or dragonfly, is it antique? Anyway lots of nice things to work with! Jan

o

So I'm not the only one who goes to thrift stores on vacation? You found some wonderful things. When we were on vacation last weekend, we stopped at a dollar type store in a little town. My girlfriend buys things and embellishes them with wire and beads, buttons, shells, etc. She is always looking for things that are cheap that she can bling up. I bought a few things myself like children's gardening tools, a small trellis and I bought some gorgeous crystals to use as bling. I guess it is a cheap way to shop on vacation, huh? I can't wait to see what you do with your stuff.

o

the pretty dragonfly bowl/cookware (full of candy and with a recipe for blueberry pudding) was a gift dh got for speaking at the meeting. It is brand new made in NH.

I'm so cheap at home,seldom spend more than $1/piece when I'm gathering stuff to make yard art. I'm surprised at myself. But I will remember the lovely trip as I use the stuff and then when I see it in the yard or in a mosaic.

Kathy

o

Great pieces!! And a great way to spend a vacation!!
Hoping for dry weather here in MN too!!

o

I love the red cups! Nice haul

o

You got some wonderful buys. My brother lives in New Hampshire. I want to get there some day. I hope I can have as good a time as you did. Thank you for sharing.
Marylee

o

Great job shopping. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

o

Oh you did good, crete! & knowing these pcs will bring beauty to your gardens...love your mosaics! Have fun & TFS your finds! The dragonfly bowl is cool, too! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here