Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quick Rusty Patio Star Lights

Posted by kudzukween 8 MS (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 26, 10 at 20:09

Here's a quick project, 5 minutes or less! I used a rusty bed spring, a rusty cottage cheese mold and a battery operated votive. Slip the tip of the wire from the skinny end of your bed spring into one of the holes in the mold, and place a battery operated light inside. Ta-da! You're done. Of course you could use a real votive candle in a glass holder, maybe wire across the back to make it secure. Or use clusters of the molds with a string of white lights. Or....hang the molds over the lights strung up :D
rusty bed spring diy patio lights garden junk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quick Rusty Patio Star Lights

Oh kudzu...you "light up" this GJer's life! TFS this wonderful "rustic" idea! Cool! Jeanne s.

o

Now that is a unique and beautiful country inspiration piece.

o

Great idea! Love those little lights. Jan

o

Oh Kudzu your GJ projects always are so good for the environment saving all those pieces and making them unusual creative pieces plus useable! Hurray

Sylvia

o

Very pretty!
Kathy

o

Very cool and creative! Gotta have your tetanus shots playing with that stuff or wear gloves. lol TFS!

o

Well, aren't you just smart! I would never even have given that a thought!

o

Cherry, I keep thinking about this and so many other really nice country decorating crafts you have come up with... I think you should write an article for country living or one of those magazines. "Fabulous Country Crafts"
or something like that.
Kathy

o

oh ya'll make me *blush* i just pass along things i find other people make and share, and share what i come up with,too...just like ya'll do!
but thank you so much for all the sweet and kind comments :D
kudzu/cherry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here