Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our new 'Welcome' junk bed

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 20:23

Some of you know that for the past year we've been constructing a new driveway on our property and we've finally gotten to the point of doing some landscaping. Well, what driveway is complete without some garden junk? So, we pulled one of my Dad's old plows up and DH took some old barrel rings and made them into a garden sphere for me...thanks Jeannespines for the inspiration on that! Added some new knockout roses and muhly grass that should look good in a few months after it gets established. We even have one of DH's spider creations hanging out in there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our new 'Welcome' junk bed

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 21:32

That looks great!! I wish I had our old horse plows!! I grew up on a tree nursery and we used horses to plow when I was little. And where do you guys find barrel rings!!

o

Love the plow & sphere & welcome sign, would look good from porch in front looking out to road,too! Grass will fill in & give it finished look! Will keep people from cutting corners to get on your driveway too! Jan

o

What a lovely welcoming garden bed...love all your goodies!!!

o

great job looks very inviting to friends and family

o

Marlene, you have been so busy. You put me to shame. Everything looks wonderful. Marylee

o

That looks really nice and inviting. Got my thinking cap on now!

o

A wonderful welcome to your home. It is lovely and well thought out. TYFS. JLily

o

Looks great, Marlene! & the sphere whiskey barrel bands came from another GJer on this forum a few yrs back! Nice to pass it on!

Love the plow ...the concrete bricks you used ...lots of hard work! Lookin' good! I've been MIA lately...need to get some pics posted soon, too...volunteer work & time flies...gardening & outside as much as possible...glad to see you're back outside, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Awesome arrangement-the bed looks great!
I have had my barrel hoop sphere and my
plow since 2003-just repainted the sphere
this year-have put linseed oil on the OLD
handles of the plow but they are fading fast
with our humidity and rain, and unforunately
will soon be gone.
EX... we had 14 inches of rain last Saturday-
that was a lot even for us and there was
flooding here. We have had some rain every day since.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here