Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Latest Totems

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 20:26

I am definitely a totem addict, so I thought I'd show the latest two I've added to my gardens. Used an light shade for the birdbath top and a lamp base for the one with the cardinals.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Latest Totems

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 21:23

I love them. I have been collecting stuff to try some totems soon. You have motivated to get going and do some!!

o

Did you glue the glass pebbles on to the plate under the cardinals? Or are they loose?

I really love the 1st one.

o

Oh my, I'm in love with that 1st one! It is dainty & great colors & that swan is precious!! My dad used to take me to Echo Park in Glendale when I was little & I loved the swans(real ones) I guess so much dad made me a swan glider & I used to have so much fun in it. I guess it got sold or given away when we went back to S.D. Still love swans tho!! That is by far prettiest birdbath I've ever seen!! TFS Jan

o

very beautiful the birds will think they are at the waldorf hotel love them both but especially the first one

o

The glass pieces are just laying in the bath part of both totems...that way I can wash them when they get dirty.

o

Those are stunning Both are great, but favor that first one a lot. Thanks for sharing

o

Marlene - thanks for taking the time to answer my question

o

Marlene, your totems are beautiful! I have put mine in the flower beds, but have not made any new ones. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

o

They are beautiful. I am envious that they are not in my gardens. lol

o

Your totems are so unique and beautiful. I'm envious . . . it seems the wind is always blowing here. I wouldn't dare put anything so fragile in the yard. Really wish I could though . . .

o

Christyjan....don't let the wind stop you! I have one birdbath that just tends to topple because I have hawks that drink there, so I put a piece of rebar in the ground and wired the birdbath to it...so far, so good!

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments!

o

Beautiful Totems. Once you start them--you get hooked. I love the dainty pieces you have chosen. They are lovely Jlily

o

Usually I do not comment on glass totems - I'll never disclose why. But I think SunnyCA sums it up perfectly: "Oh my, I'm in love with that 1st one! It is dainty & great colors & that swan is precious!!"

Yes, I really like the delicate appearance and the way the entire piece flows together.

Very, very nice.

Robert

o

You are back in business, Marlene! Your totems are always so pretty & you chose such wonderful glass pcs! I'm with the majority...that 1st one is exceptional! TFS! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here