Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interesting garden junk

Posted by popmama z5 CO (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 25, 14 at 20:39

I'm not sure what these are. I got them at an estate sale. They are old, made of some sort of metal then painted blue. I think they are yard markers or maybe they really are just ornaments.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interesting garden junk

Can not tell you what they are, but I certainly would have bought them!!! They will add a pop somewhere in your garden. Reminds me of my Mom, may she rest in peace, if it stood still long enough it got painted blue! I have pops of blue all thru out my garden which is a nice daily reminder of my Mom.
Have fun with them because they really are cool. Great find!

o

I'd have fun with those!! Could leave them like they are or paint them bright colors & place around the garden. Could paint flowers on them. I guess you could cover 1 with pennies, wouldn't take near as many as a bowling ball. Could mosaic couple if you do that. Have fun!! Jan

o

Oldcrafty, We could tell what year my dad painted the garden stuff by the color! LOL!
There was the turquoise year, the redwood brown/red year, the green year etc.... Nancy

o

Yep, those would have come home with me too! LOVE them!

o

I wonder if they're old golf course tee markers.

o

I see a caterpillar waiting to be born!!

o

Given the color, size, and material I would say runway markers. Pretty cool.

o

I thought they were the decorative 'end caps' for a metal daybed frame. I have a few and they look almost just like that.

Caterpillar is a great idea!

o

Definitely not end caps. They are very big and have a sharp stake at the end. They were meant for some sort of outdoor use. Just not sure what.

I like the idea of runway markers, but couldn't find anything similar on line.

o

I thought they were to guide a garden hose away from your flowerbed. But golf markers makes a lot of sense.

o

They may very well have been hose guides. I'm not sure at all. I wish I knew for sure, but probably never will. :-)

o

Great find. Id also guess end caps to something. You can see they were attached to something circular in shape at some point. Maybe wood material or stucco, thus the spike to attach. Probably something commercial, retail display, for parking lots or kids amusement, Im thinking Chucky Cheese or Putt-Putt type places.
Either way, Best luck w/ your trash to treasure.

o

They look like they came from an old bed, top of the bedposts. The bed frame would be metal.

o

I can assure you they are not from a bedpost. They are WAY too big. I'm sure they were always something used outdoors.

I actually drove by a golf course the other day and saw some markers for the first time. I think this is probably the correct answer!

o

Very interesting.
Maybe spray with glow in the dark paint.
We live out in the middle of no where I might
use them to mark our driveway. After 25 years
here I still miss our property.
Karen

o

So interesting to find this post again. I was just watching a show on TV about Nikola Tesla, some of his electric experiments, and he had these globes with metal stakes sticking out of the bottom which he was sticking into the ground. I was so excited and telling my husband about this post and the balls wondering if you could possibly have his ummm balls. But his were glass and now I see and remember that yours are metal. DARN! How cool would that have been, and very valuable!

They are still unique.

o

They would look awesome painted a mirror like silver. Then grouped like mushrooms. Kind of modern. Love the idea of pennies, too!

o

those are neat - good find! :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here