No water Flowers

tehuti
15 years ago

This is my contribution.

FROM THIS

{{gwi:155351}}

TO THIS

{{gwi:155352}}

I think I'll have to make a special pot for these flowers, add a little paint, and a few more leaves. Wadaya think?

Robert

Comments (18)

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

AWESOME!!!!

• gottatry
    15 years ago

Oh how cute! And they are non-breakable from wagging tails!! :) Sure, paint that pot up and fill it in a little. PERFECT! What a smart idea.
    Thanx for sharing.

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

These are beautiful. I have some sitting here waiting for a project. What did you use for stems and leaves?

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Great flowers! Just the kind I can't kill! lol I'd be interested in knowing how you made them too.

• tehuti
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The details: The only bolts I had available were 1/4" so all the small center holes were drilled to 5/16" to allow for clearance. I cut some small rods from an old bakerÂs shelf for the stems and welded a 1/4" nut to one end of each rod. Then I cut the rods to different lengths and welded them in groups, 4 blue in one group, 3 red, 3 white, 2 yellow, and 3 single stem orange blossoms. Assembly was simply connecting the nuts & bolts. The leaves were made from an old curtain rod.
    Now I need to make a new weed pot (vase) from cement to put them in.

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

AWESOME!! And so creative!

Be Safe, Rach

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I'm with luna, even I couldn't kill these pretty little flowers!
    I checked eBay to see about purchasing some, HA! Little more than I want to pay for old faucet handles. But I'll keep watching and see if more reasonable sellers come along.

Great job, Robert. As always! By the way, did you see a recent addition to the Inspiration Album...a photo of painted hubcaps hung on a fence. I didn't know hubcaps could look so pretty. LOL.
    hugs, Karen
    {{gwi:155353}}

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Robert, I really like your version. I had no idea there were so many different patterns for those handles. Thanks for sharing.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW!!! Another fav!!! Man oh Man, I just Gotta learn to weld!!!! Thanks for posting the hubcaps Purple, I love those too!!!

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

For those that don't know how to weld or don't want to spend a fortune on a welder... Use JB Weld! :)

• tehuti
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kathylina
    You are so right about the welding - I make many sculptures with the torch and I just naturally grab it when I work with metal.

Jane
    you really don't need to go to that expense. I have done well in the past by forming out the stems and branches with small diameter rods then wrapping with a fine craft wire. Over that you can use many different products to get shape, texture, form, and depth. I used Bondo, that auto body repair product, and I love it as a sculptural medium because it is relatively inexpensive, strong, can be sanded, carved, and painted - and it will withstand the elements. I also use many different cement mixes over metal forms.

Experiment and have fun.

Robert

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

R Murray ! Great ~~ Colorful ~~~ Fun & Groovy !!!
    as
    for you Ms Purplemoon..... you never cease to amaze me...
    with the wonderful pictures... and the super album you
    have created for us....
    I don't get to have any subscriptions to magazines...right now... but who needs them...
    With this Garden Junk Buddy Form.... and
    Ms Karen aka Purplemoom and ALL you JUNKERS & Dig Cams ! !
    YEA !
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

• robolady
    15 years ago

Great job, love how you took it to the next level.
    Margo

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

I love those flowers!!! They look great in a pot or you could even "plant" in the ground!!!(-: Very cute!!!

• sweets98
    15 years ago

Very nice! Are you a plumber or have you been saving up for a long time?

Sigh.....I have our old outdoor faucet lying on the porch to do something with. I just haven't sat down and actually worked at getting it apart yet!

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Ohhhh....that's a fine assortment of hose bibs! I have a guy saving some for me, but so far I only have two, the rest are connected to rusty pipes in the ground,with crystals in them. I plan on making a nice bouquet of them. In the meantime, I made a bouquet of rusty pipes :) Thanks for sharing!

{{gwi:134726}}

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

I recently bought several faucet handles at a thrift store. Haven't done anything with them yet, but will soon.

• craftylady-2006
    15 years ago

Oh, how delightful, I love 'em! Such a great idea.

Kudz, I am loving your dripping faucets into the flowers. That is sooooo pretty. I must find some like those.

Sal