Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
9bark

First post.

9bark
12 years ago

Hello everybody! I'm Nick and live in Kamloops BC. It's a semi-desert here but I've built a tiny oasis that's slowly coming along. I've been creeping around the forums and especially this one. I've seen some inspiring stuff! Anyways I'd thought I'd share some pictures of some of the junk in my small garden. More will come later in time.

{{gwi:155379}}

{{gwi:155380}}

{{gwi:155381}}

{{gwi:155383}}

Comments (19)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh,some good GJ, Nick! Welcome to the forum!
    I like how you use 'rocks' for some bordering...but my fav GJ pc is that red thing-y you used for a trellis! What a great piece! Hope to see more from you as summer progresses! Jeanne S.

• tbledsaw
    12 years ago

Welcome, Nick! There is definitely a lot of inspiration and creative people here! I'm sure you'll nestle right in :o)

• arlinn
    12 years ago

Kamloops, B.C. ! That's where my husband and I went on our honeymoon 22 years ago tomorrow. He still says that he feels there is a calling on his life to go back to Kamloops for a fly fishing ministry. He loves to fly fish. Sorry I took a little side trip on this forum. When I saw Kamloops it grabbed my attention. We live in upstate New York

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

I love the red trellis too! is it an old bed frame or what? The plant in the round bowl is neat too. Welcome aboard the GJ forum! Jan

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Welcome, Nick! I like your garden. It looks really neat. Look forward to seeing more of your creations. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

• alaMel
    12 years ago

Welcome!! Can't wait to see more!

• kirkus
    12 years ago

Beautiful plants and treasures!!!! WOW! Keep posting! Love the red trellis too! :o)

• rafor
    12 years ago

Well I think I hate you!! Cute garden and not a weed in site!!!! LOL I should be weeding, not sitting here on the computer :)

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Welcome and hope to see more of your immaculate gardens! I goota say too that the red trellis is just too cool.

• 9bark
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! I feel fuzzy! The trellis is from my dear neighbour who had four of them lying around. I believe they were part of a standup clothing rack that you would hang stuff up on (sort of like those zig-zaggy change-room dividers)? The glass bowl is actually a light fixture and I still have yet to use the other matching one.

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Welcome! Great stuff, I want that trellis. The paint on it is perfect.

• Crafty Gardener
    12 years ago

Welcome from another Canadian.

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

Welcome to the GJ Forum - since you have been lurking then you know there are some really amazing ideas and creative posters here. Looking forward to seeing more of your 'stuff' - you are off to a great start - love the trellis also and the containers ......

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

{{gwi:155384}}

Glad to have you join us, Nick. And to see some of your garden vignettes. I love the last photo! I hope, if you've been lurking, you've found our Inspiration Albums and enjoy browsing all the photos in them.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Welcome to the junkyard Nick! Such healthy looking plants! Love your trellis, your rusty items and the glass globe you have the dusty miller growing through!

Hope to see more of your projects as they come along.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Welcome! Great gardens. Love the plant coming through the light fixture.
    Do you really have 3b to 5a zones on your property? Over what distance?
    Kathy

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Welcome Nick, I have also been to Kamloops, back in the late 80's. On the back of a motorcycle no less! Dearly love B.C., since I am part canadian (materinal grandfather), I have made it a point to see as much of Canada as possible. Love your garden, keep those pictures coming!

• kylslil1
    12 years ago

Welcome! Thanks for sharing, your plants are lovely. I especially like the rocks. :)

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Glad you found us!!!
    Welcome.
    Hope you come back with lots more 'junque'!

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz