Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First post.

Posted by 9bark 3bto5a (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 30, 11 at 20:50

Hello everybody! I'm Nick and live in Kamloops BC. It's a semi-desert here but I've built a tiny oasis that's slowly coming along. I've been creeping around the forums and especially this one. I've seen some inspiring stuff! Anyways I'd thought I'd share some pictures of some of the junk in my small garden. More will come later in time.

Bergamot and powerline insulator

Hosta and rusted door

Glass fixture

Recycled trellis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First post.

Oh,some good GJ, Nick! Welcome to the forum!
I like how you use 'rocks' for some bordering...but my fav GJ pc is that red thing-y you used for a trellis! What a great piece! Hope to see more from you as summer progresses! Jeanne S.

o

Welcome, Nick! There is definitely a lot of inspiration and creative people here! I'm sure you'll nestle right in :o)

o

Kamloops, B.C. ! That's where my husband and I went on our honeymoon 22 years ago tomorrow. He still says that he feels there is a calling on his life to go back to Kamloops for a fly fishing ministry. He loves to fly fish. Sorry I took a little side trip on this forum. When I saw Kamloops it grabbed my attention. We live in upstate New York

o

I love the red trellis too! is it an old bed frame or what? The plant in the round bowl is neat too. Welcome aboard the GJ forum! Jan

o

Welcome, Nick! I like your garden. It looks really neat. Look forward to seeing more of your creations. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

Welcome!! Can't wait to see more!

o

Beautiful plants and treasures!!!! WOW! Keep posting! Love the red trellis too! :o)

o

Well I think I hate you!! Cute garden and not a weed in site!!!! LOL I should be weeding, not sitting here on the computer :)

o

Welcome and hope to see more of your immaculate gardens! I goota say too that the red trellis is just too cool.

o

• Posted by 9bark 3bto5a BC (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 1, 11 at 12:36

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! I feel fuzzy! The trellis is from my dear neighbour who had four of them lying around. I believe they were part of a standup clothing rack that you would hang stuff up on (sort of like those zig-zaggy change-room dividers)? The glass bowl is actually a light fixture and I still have yet to use the other matching one.

o

Welcome! Great stuff, I want that trellis. The paint on it is perfect.

o

Welcome from another Canadian.

o

Welcome to the GJ Forum - since you have been lurking then you know there are some really amazing ideas and creative posters here. Looking forward to seeing more of your 'stuff' - you are off to a great start - love the trellis also and the containers ......

Lynne

o

Photobucket

Glad to have you join us, Nick. And to see some of your garden vignettes. I love the last photo! I hope, if you've been lurking, you've found our Inspiration Albums and enjoy browsing all the photos in them.

hugs, Karen

o

Welcome to the junkyard Nick! Such healthy looking plants! Love your trellis, your rusty items and the glass globe you have the dusty miller growing through!

Hope to see more of your projects as they come along.

o

Welcome! Great gardens. Love the plant coming through the light fixture.
Do you really have 3b to 5a zones on your property? Over what distance?
Kathy

o

Welcome Nick, I have also been to Kamloops, back in the late 80's. On the back of a motorcycle no less! Dearly love B.C., since I am part canadian (materinal grandfather), I have made it a point to see as much of Canada as possible. Love your garden, keep those pictures coming!

o

Welcome! Thanks for sharing, your plants are lovely. I especially like the rocks. :)

o

Glad you found us!!!
Welcome.
Hope you come back with lots more 'junque'!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here