Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

The 'POSSE' Adventure ... Lasso you in?

jeannespines
13 years ago

OK, instead of a "POTM," we will try something different...this has all come about from our discussion on the POTM - Pros & Cons Discussion & Example thread.

"POSSE"

(Project of Summer Session Extraordinaire)

susiewantsroses' idea of a "life size horse" by next Mon. (LOL) made me think of the next best thing: Posse! & her & other's ideas about extending the time limits.

Definition of "posse" ... a large group often with a common interest.

So, for a GJ adventure, anyone who would like to try to participate is certainly encouraged to do so & anyone who does not wish to participate will certainly NOT be lynched!

From the discussion thread, it looks like our interests are GLASS (& could tie sewing into it)....so for the POSSE (Project of Summer Session Extraordinaire) adventure, please share any Glass/or sewing creation of GJ on this thread!

Time limit...today thru the end of summer!

As nona said for the POTM in the past, "Someone would always make a suggestion for the month, and others would 'do their thing' with it."

Ok, we've thrown that "lasso" out there now, can we "rein" you in???? LOL! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:155415}}

Comments (20)

• tbledsaw
    13 years ago

While I know this isn't original, today I made a windchime with old silverware, wire, old table lamp parts and glass beads. I think it turned out lovely. I didn't take any pics because the weather was rainy, but I shall & will post ASAP!
    Now to set to work on my gazing ball and totems LOL

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

GREAT, tblesaw!...sounds "original" to me! And WELCOME to the forum! If ya need help with pics, just holler! Lookin' forward to seein' more of your GJ (art)! Jeanne S.

• tbledsaw
    13 years ago

Thank you Jeanne :o) I've been around for a couple/few years on the forum. I just don't post that often :o)
    Thank you for the encouragement though!!
    Tammy :o)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jeanne, wonderful idea. Tho the subject "Posse" might have scared folks off, LOL. Hopefully more will read and join in! No one gets arrested here.

I love Susierose's horse idea.! You know how I love horses. She cracked me up with "make a life-sized one by Monday". Oh yeah, in my dreams!
    (I do have a Wonder Pony waiting to be turned into a carousel pony tho! I know Frou is working hard on one herself, but I'm busy with my usual procrastinating!)

hugs, Karen

• princess_mimi
    13 years ago

I have missed you guys! I'll be getting ready to do an artists' fair with my GJ so I'd better get cracking! I LOVE that little cowgirl pic!

~~Mimi

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

Glass ? Glass ? Have you noticed my name ??? ROFL
    I definately won't run out of supplies for this potm !

• susiewantsroses
    13 years ago

THE END OF SUMMER IN TEXAS IS AFTER HALLOWEEN. LOLOLOL
    Bridle me up. I'm locked and loaded and ready to ride.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am copying & pasting excessfroufrou's beautiful, beautiful WONDERHORSE! The link to her post is separate..>I just had to add this beautiful pic of GJ art to this thread, too. Please see her separate post linked below. Jeanne S.

{{gwi:148831}}

Here is a link that might be useful: I'm Done, I'm Done with WonderHorse by excessfroufrou

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Well, even though my DH made my conservatory last year, I'm just getting it into the garden and planted, so I'm thinking it still qualifies as a POSSE creation.

{{gwi:153090}}

{{gwi:153092}}

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, Marlene! I commented on this conservatory on the link below...here it is for all you GJers to visit:

Here is a link that might be useful: Conservatory (Marlene's)

• socalliegal
    13 years ago

Dang you folks are so good, you should publish a magazine....we could all contribute ifn' we have something spectacular we created. The carousel horse with a new life is so BEAUTIFUL. The fairy's botanical conservatory is BEAUTIFUL as well. Bravo to you creative artistic ladies.

So let me get this straight your project is a LIFESIZED HORSE? LOL I have in my home/garden idea notebook a pic I found in a magazine of a fairly large rocking horse made from scrap wood. I always wanted to make that. Don't know if I can make it this year.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Here's another POSSE glass project! An old light globe...actually in my brother's bedroom as a child turned into a birdbath.

(Forgive the crookedness...had to get DH to straighten it for me)

{{gwi:151934}}

{{gwi:151936}}

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

GOSH DARN IT, JEANNE you just lassoed me in, now to get started and not lag-a-long! I'll just have to trot over to my junk glass and gettiup my little doggies and ah do something, but furst I have to corral my ideas, LOL

NanaGrandma Sylvia

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

Can I join the POSSE
    {{gwi:151581}}

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

ABSOLUTELY!!!

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

I'm in! I have multiple glass-related projects in progress...I'm almost sure one should be done by the end of summer!! ;)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Howdy, partners! God bless them, there, Cowgirls! "They did a bang-up job!" (lookin' forward to seeing your POSSE... Project of Summer Session Extraordianire!)

Remember...

"DonÂt stop kickin till the clock stops tickin!"

Jeanne S.

• tbledsaw
    13 years ago

Here's a couple of mine so far. I have more in the works (of course LOL) :o)

{{gwi:155418}}

{{gwi:155419}}

• doodys
    13 years ago

"face" I made last year from halloween mask.I placed it in this plant basket which I also found...{{gwi:155421}}

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

GREAT, tblesaw & doodys! Don't forget to make a separate post so everyone will be sure to see it & can comment, too!

doodys...your face scared the be-jeez' out of me when I first saw it! It looks so real! You did a great job on it! Very realistic!!!

tblesaw...beads & birds...cool! Both projects look like fun! TFS! Jeanne S.