Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Sign Ideas

Posted by Prestonsnana none (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 21:24

I recycled some old plastic pails by burying them in the ground filled with several varieties of mint plants to keep the mint from spreading where I don't want it to go. I want to make a sign to hang over them with a clever saying on it that says something about mint. Since many people think of mint as nearly a weed because it spreads so bad, hubby suggested my sign say "I mint to plant this!" That's kind of OK, but not really what I want...anybody have any ideas for a mint sign?

BTW...I posted this question somewhere (I don't think it was here) and I can't find it, so can't read the responses, so I'm posting it here...hope this isn't a duplicate! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Sign Ideas

I'm at a loss but maybe a play onwords since mint also refers to where our money is made? (I also tried to think of words that rhyme with mint, theres not much out there!)

U.S.Mint

I don't look like much but I'm worth a mint!

Mint condition!

OR something referring to how we use mint:

Don't crush me. (I'm worth a mint)

Be sure to let us know, post a pic of the sign.
i like your idea of planting it in recycled plastic contianers.

Kathy

o

You could be "Punny"!

I hope it's not a Detrimint

That could be permamint

put an weapon in it and call it spear-mint

It should make a Statemint

What kind of establishmint is this?

Tee hee!

~~Mimi

o

Bad'mint'on Scores!

Badminton Rules!

badminton setting!

"Mint(meant)to grow here!"

Oh well, "bad-mint-on" (so that's why it needs planted in containers!) Love it, too! Jeanne S.

o

I like the suggestion your husband had Prestonsnana!

o

I like hubbys idea
too !!

o

Mint condition.
They mint well.
It was mint to be.

o

So Many Mint, So Little Thyme...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here