Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For the birds.....

Posted by mrs_tlc 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 3, 11 at 21:36

There aren't a lot of trees where I live, but now that I have decided to have a veggie garden the birds have decided to come to my yard! LOL........ I have been lurking around here for a while and see you all have such great ideas. Would you show me pictures of your favorite ideas to keep the birds out of my garden please????? I have NO talent so I'm relying on yours :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For the birds.....

I am always on the lookout for "owl" statues ... big resin ones or small & I put them right in the garden at the end of a row or whatever...I hope they keep the bunnies out...they're more of a plague for me!

We have an above the ground pool w/deck & my DH has mounted a big plastic 'turkey' on a pole that turns in the wind ...it has helped with Blackbirds who like to dump their goodies from cleaning their nests! LOL!

Also...you might try windsocks or one of those miniature flags on a shepherd's hook. Scarecrows are always good, too!

Don't have any pics at the moment...veggie garden not up too much. Good luck! Jeanne S.

o
RE: For the birds.....

Anything that moves. I always liked the ideas of fake snakes but people with real snakes living nearby might not. lol! Cut junky windchimes would probably work well too. I remember people hanging the disposable aluminum pie tins in their gardens to discourage birds. You could have fun making a scarecrow but they don't always work well scaring the birds away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here