Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snowbunny_wi

Hanging tipsy pots

snowbunny_wi
15 years ago

I planted two hanging tipsy pots on the corners of my shed. One is a shade one and one is for sun. I love how they look & can't wait til the flowers fill in some more. After all my planting is done I hope to get the edging & door on the shed painted and the porch needs replacing too.

{{gwi:156048}}

{{gwi:156051}}

{{gwi:156053}}

Comments (37)

• Debi
    15 years ago

ADOOORRABLE! Shed n all! Eye candy for the gardeners of the world! I can't stop studying the pictures! I want that!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

How wonderful. EVERYTHING. This has to go in the Inspiration Album. Your shed is so inviting I could live there in it, LOL.

hugs, Karen

• shysue
    15 years ago

What a good idea! I have never seen hanging tipsy pots before. Your shed is so-o-o cute! Did you build it?

• luvs2click
    15 years ago

Very nice - I love the setting - looks so cozy.

Arlene

• texasfern
    15 years ago

What a geat place!

• snowbunny_wi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone! I love my shed, at times I do wish it was bigger :) I didn't build it but the b-f that I had at the time did. I tried to use as much salvage items as possible for it so it was low cost. My favorite is the door that was in with some junk in my grandpa's shop. I enjoy looking out my patio door and seeing my shed everyday.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

I forgot to ask, how did you make them to hang?

• daisydal
    15 years ago

that is sooo precious!! i would love to be in there putting around doing crafts. how inviting! im green w/ envy,girl!!! now i need to move my little craft corner in my husbands workshop to my own little house! and your tipsy pots are so cute, GREAT JOB!!!definite eye candy!
    blessings to all -sherri

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

I love everything too!!! The shed is adorable!!! The tipsy pots are awesome!!!

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

Your shed is incredibly cute! And the tipsy pots are just perfect!

• mayme
    15 years ago

I love it all and I'm trying not to
    covet!
    Mayme

• regine_Z 10 Fl gw
    15 years ago

I would love a place like that for my private space. It's beautiful!

Regina

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Too cute...makes me jealous! Love the tipsy pots and I love that birdhouse table :)

• ashli
    15 years ago

Picture-perfect. Love the birdhouse.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Your shed and the way you have it decorated are just darling. Great job on the tipsy pots too. So tell me, is the inside as cute as the outside, or is it just tool and equipment storage? Luvs

• snowbunny_wi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I used tall plant stakes for my hanging pots. The top of the plant stake is at the bottom of the pots then I just bent it to hook onto a hook, super easy and it was all stuff I already had.

My dad made the cute birdhouse table for me awhile back, all the women in the family got one.

Unfortunately the inside is not as cute. I've been working on the inside lately though to make it more functional like having a spot I can putz around making garden art. It's used for storage for all my garden decor in the winter.

• caroleena
    15 years ago

this is such a cute shed. and i love the hanging tipsy pots!

• magothyrivergirl
    15 years ago

snowbunny - I don't understand how you hung the tipsy pots - I wanted to do that last year, but could not figure out how to secure the rod into the bottom pot. Please share a little more detail. Did you use a green coated stake?
    Your shed and yard is adorable!
    Thanks!

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

This is an echo of everything that's been said on here already! I love the pots and the shed. Sure beats the new metal one we have.

• imjustsam
    15 years ago

Is there even 1 part of that photo I am not jealous of? I love the shed and its landscaping, the spindle legged table is too cute and I will probably steal that idea,the birdhouse below is adorable, and the pots are wonderful. Everything is just lovely, nice job and thanks for sharing.

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Wonderful ideas! Love your shed also ... and I just inherited a door like just like that one ... it was going to a landfill and my SIL saved it for me. Maybe it can be cut down for my old garden shed...mine are in the falling off stage! Jeanne S.

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

WOWZER!!! That is just what I want!! Everything about it is just perfect.

Be Safe, Rach

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Thanks for the detail!
    I can't get enough of that picture!

• iowajewel
    15 years ago

I bought some of the hanging poles to use for hanging tipsy pots too and love them! I will try to take pictures.......but this is a great way to have something new for everyone to see in my yard. I am always looking for new ways to display plants!!!
    Julie

• snowbunny_wi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

magothyrivergirl-Yup I used the green coated plant stakes, the top of the stake is at the bottom and it holds the pots then after I threaded all the pots through I bent a hook in the stake and hung it from a hook. Does that make sense? I can try to take some pics if you would like.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Im still adding a little bit here and there to the shed and if we ever get some decent weather I'm going to get some paint on it. I have little shutters for the windows (on the side) and Im trying to get dh to make me some pretty windowboxes too. I'll up date my pics probably mid season when things are blooming too :)

• magothyrivergirl
    15 years ago

Snowbunny - thanks for the directions - I would not have thought to use those stakes - the ones with the circle - so the bottom of the pot actually rests on the circle - everyone is so clever here. I have lots of those stakes!
    I am jealous of your shed - It is such a cool place for a grown -up to escape from the world for awhile :)

• lamb716
    15 years ago

That is just the cutest potting shed ever! OMGosh, I love it all. Your hanging tipsy's are SO nice! You should submit these photos to magazines ~

• reeree
    15 years ago

Your shed is so adorable, makes one want to move right in!
    Love the tipsy pots, I tried them with a long hook made for over a branch for a feeder and it worked....I am so happy, thanks for starting me on a new idea for my garden.
    ReeRee

• sortagreenthumb
    15 years ago

GENIOUS!!!!

• Bright199
    15 years ago

OOOHhh my goodness!!! I love it all.. That shed is just darling!!!! How wonderful the table was a gift and the door came from gpa!!! I'm green with envy!!!!

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

Luv it luv it luv it hanging tipsy pots awesome Shed I have to keep looking to take it all in

• Kathryn Botard
    15 years ago

that is gorgeous. Even if you couldn't go on the inside, the outside is so pretty it's worth having it in your yard. Like a pretty giant bird house. I hope that makes sense?
    How cute. I want to do hanging tipsy pots too. What do you use in your pots so the water doesn't drain out in 5 seconds?

• sortagreenthumb
    15 years ago

OK i was incredibly inspired by this strand and i went directly out and made my own with four terra cotta pots and a metal coat hanger that i twisted up on the bottom to hold the pots and twisted down at the top of the hanger to make a hook to hang it from the top edge of my front porch awning. i'll have to post pics soon, but i need to make a photobucket account first. thanks for the idea snowbunny! happy gardening-

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

I just got my Fall issue of Country Gardens magazine and there is a cute "guest cottage" on the cover that isn't as cute as your little shed! I think your hanging tipsy pots add that extra oomph to the shed to make it lovely and personal. Thank you for the instructions for making the hanging tipsy pots. I wanted to make some for my balcony but couldn't find any instructions. Great job on the tipsy pots and the shed!

• snowbunny_wi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks again everyone for the comments. I've been neglecting some of my flower beds so things aren't lookin' too great around my shed. Some of the flowers are really blooming though around it.

I didn't put anything in my pots to keep the water in longer than 5 secs. :) This is something I will change for next year, maybe the gel stuff to hold moisture in. I think I might need to try different flowers for the left side too. The million bells are drying up quickly, the other side looks pretty good though but it gets more shade.

It's suppose to be a bit cooler this weekend so I might get some weeding done and snap a pic to share.

• temeculamom
    15 years ago

So jealous! This really looks fantastic. A dream garden getaway.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    14 years ago

snowbunny what happened to you. We want to see the pics of the hanging tipsy pots in full bloom and the beautiful shed!!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations