Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanagrandma_gw

Posse Project

nanagrandma
13 years ago

OK what I did is move my old ladder under the Oak Tree and added some horseys and replanted my pitchers with succulants.

Does it count?

{{gwi:156333}}

I found this tin horse carriage at GW I kinda like it all rusty

{{gwi:156334}}

I have had this horse with a horse shoe just hanging around so I added to the Ladder

{{gwi:156335}}

Another view

{{gwi:156336}}

Water Pichers

{{gwi:156337}}

{{gwi:156338}}

Comments (9)

• skej
    13 years ago

loved how you used the boards to add more space!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I love the addition of the boards too. And the iron horse with horseshoe is WONDERFUL. You make me want a succulent garden soooo badly. I just have to figure out how to not kill them, Hens n Chicks really seem to hate me.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, I am lovin' this, nanagr'ma! What a beautiful spot for your ladder vignette ...and your horses are wonderful! The rusty carriage one is a pretty cool original pc! ...a GW find! Wow! And your other horse/shoe found a good spot, too. I'm with skej...how original to add the boards to make more space! Did you drill holes in the bottom of your succulent holders? TFS! A great POSSE (Project of Summer Session Extraordinaire)! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

It all looks great together, is the horse & horseshoe an antique boot scraper by chance? The tin horse & carriage I think there is a store in Farmer's Market down on Fairfax (the famous 1 ) that has things like that & they are pricey! Love the extra space to put your goodies. JAN

• nanagrandma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is my husband's old ladder I would say about 40 years old, he used it to fix our rentals. I am so glad he did not get rid of it, but when I suggested painting it, he explained that it would look much better natural and the wood slats are also from old wood that he kept. So it came together I think so nicely Under the Oak. And I found the watering cans at SA and GW and of course June and Linda brought me the succulants. The tin carriage horse still works you wind it up plays music and goes in a circle.
    Jan I am going to look at it more closely and see if it could have been used for a boot scraper, but it also could have been used to hold a bridle or maybe a lead rope. But for now it is in my Posse Vignette. Jan I used to kill my chicks and hens too, one of the secrets is watering only until they are dry I water once a week and I have found that putting them in shady areas makes them do much better. I had some in the sun and they were dying so I moved to my patio and they thrived.
    Your comments always make me feel so happy.
    Sylvia

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Great take on the POSSE project! I have always loved horses so I love your horsey additions. I have a small collection of watering cans too. I just can't wait to have a yard so I have somewhere to display them! I really like the rusticness (is that a word?) of your ladder and the planks. Great job!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Love all of your collections! The watering cans are wonderful...especially like the one that looks like it has chicken wire on it! The rusty horses are great too...and I love to see how people use old ladders...I have a couple sitting around that I plan on using one of these days too...thanks for sharing with us!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Of course it qualifies, it's got horses and everything. I can't believe the carriage horse still works, wonderful. The whole setting looks so homey, like something from another era. I would love to "sit a spell" there and visit.
    Frou

• calicocat1967
    13 years ago

Love the rusty horse and carriage, but then I love anything rusty ! LOL And watering cans....love them too, oh and the ladder very cool !! And is that a geranium in the pot? Very beautiful ! Thanks for sharing.

Kim