Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamabear_gw

Tire Frog

mamabear
9 years ago

Someone post this and I would like to try it. But after the stroke I don't think I can cut tires like this, Any Idea's?

Comments (15)

• granny2anb
    9 years ago

I don't think the tires were cut. The frog feet look like bath mat material. Love both of the planters. They would add lots of color to a yard/garden.

• mamabear
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I can do a Bathmat. Is Eye Lashes bath mat too? Thanks, I think I have some hose around here somewheres. I can get flyswatters for ladybug but what is Head?

• loribee2
    9 years ago

I think the head is a large plastic flower pot or mixing bowl cut in half and painted black.

• mamabear
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks

• granny2anb
    9 years ago

I'm sure the bathmat could be used for the eyelashes. Please post a picture if you make them.

• Marlene Kindred
    9 years ago

This is cute. I think you can buy those eye lashes at craft stores. I know I've seen them on car headlights, so they must be available.

• sunnyca_gw
    9 years ago

The top pic looks like eyes are 2 lawn mower tires. The eyelashes could be made from a small rubber car mat like you put in back seat on floor, they are about 12 in. x 18 in or something like that, find a small 1. They are cute & can grow something in them too. Jan

• oldcrafty
    9 years ago

Wonder what kind of paint would be best? They are just too cute!

• granny2anb
    9 years ago

I've made a number of tire planters in the past. I always used latex paint.

• mamabear
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My Latex Paint I used 12 yrs ago is still holding out. Exterior Latex I will go with. Have to get the Bowl and Flyswatters for the Ladybug. Saturday when I go to town. Am Handicapped if you remember, Don't Drive but go to town once a week. My Tires are Small Trailer too big for the Frog Eyes.

• pixie_lou
    9 years ago

Someone started a new thread with instructions instead of posting here

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread with instructions

• Marion Hart
    8 years ago

How are u keeping the small tires on the frog from falling off the big tire and what is the eyes made of on the frog I think both of them is awesome can u made anything else from the old tires

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    8 years ago

The eyes on the frog looks like some kind of plastic bowl and I would assume that the small tires are attached with some strong adhesive and possibly some rebarb from behind for support. The link to the instructions is no longer working unfortunately.

• bunky
    8 years ago

I made my frog this summer (excuse the grass-messy) and it really wasn't that hard to make....just time consuming. I spray painted everything first, then put it together.

The three bottom tires are regular car tires and the top two are tires from a

golf cart. I left the rims on for the eyes and painted them white. I had leftover roofing paper and cut circles for the eyes and eye lashes. The feet were from a old bathmat I had and the long legs were from some old hoses. The middle tire was

put on with two long screws and tightened well. I pretty much mad this from what was found around the property. I just really bought the spray pain.

The small tires needed two screws each- I was sorry I didn't put them up further to the front but they were hard to manage so we did what we could. I think it came out pretty good. It's sitting on

our 800 foot driveway and greets people as them come in!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm