Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Gardens are bloomin' ...lovin' GJ ideas!

jeannespines
12 years ago

Kirk's 'geraniums' posting reminded me to take a pic of the red Geraniums in my Door Arbor ...I've had a Mandevilla Vine the last 2 summers but this yr I wasn't having any good luck with it...so I bought this pot of Geraniums on clearance at beg of June:

{{gwi:156670}}

Here's a front view...if you look close, you can see the green stained glass butterfly that came in a Secret Santa pkg a few yrs ago from Purplemoon!

{{gwi:156672}}

So I 'babied' the Mandevilla Vine along & moved it to the pool garden where I have this old water wheel (no longer working order) from many yrs ago... DH built it...the vine is coming along nicely now:

{{gwi:156674}}

Been adding GS finds...shells, driftwood & nautical items to this garden... the BB is a few yrs old that I covered w/rope...& then I saw Kirk's glass floats in a recent post & watering spheres...so I added a watering sphere...been on the lookout for bargain glass floats for over a yr!

{{gwi:156676}}

This barnwood 'Gone Fishing' sign & barnwood 'fish' are over 10 yrs old that I re-did the lettering a yr or so ago...it's near the waterwheel...you can see the rope has worn out on the old posts...been in the pool garden about 7 yrs:

{{gwi:156678}}

And here's some Liles blooming at the pond garden:

{{gwi:156680}}

Enjoying summer! Hope you are enjoying it, too! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (15)

• daybeesgarden
    12 years ago

Lovely pics. I love your door arbour the red geraniums are great with the white doors. Love the waterwheel too
    Deb

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jeanne..everything is simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing your gardens with us.
    Marylee

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Your yard decor, and inside as well, always take my breath away. Good thing I'm not your neighbor, I'd probably never go home and you'd have to find a spot to stick me in.
    But if you did, I know I'd LOOK GOOD. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• chevy57red
    12 years ago

Loving all of the red and white!! And lillies are right at the top of my lists!!

• luvs2click
    12 years ago

Beautiful shots, as always, Jeanne! Looks so relaxing around your place - no need to go on vacation.

Arlene

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

so wonderful!
    Kathy

• jlily
    12 years ago

I love looking at your pictures. They are just beautiful!! Thank you for sharing. JLily

• rafor
    12 years ago

Everything is so pretty! I've had my eye out for some fishing floats too, but haven't yet come across any at a reasonable price. I'll just have to keep looking.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Red must be in our blood this year...no pun intended! I've had this hankering for putting red in my garden too. Love your geranium plant in the door arbor and the mandevilla looks great by the water wheel! I'm going to have to start looking for the glass floats...I'm really liking the way they look. Your lily is beautiful too by the pond. Thanks for sharing your pix....they're always awesome!

• shpnquen
    12 years ago

Wow! The red flowers really POP against the white of the arbor! The mandevilla is also stunning by the water wheel, what a cool feature to have, working or not! Your lilies look almost fake, they're so perfect! I mean that in such a good way! You always have such great inspiration in your gardens.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    12 years ago

Very pretty

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Jeanne, your gardens are even more lovely than usual. I think the geranium works great in the arbor. And I'm glad to see your mandevilla is doing better. The one I bought this year is dead as a door knob. I think it just got too hot too quick here. Those lillies are beautiful, so many blooms. As usual I love seeing your fantastic pix.
    Frou

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I just saw your door arbor somewhere else! ;o)
    If I could find some old doors, I'd try one myself, so not surprised others love the idea.
    Old doors here are pricey tho.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: door arbor

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for your comments, GJers...appreciated!

purplemoon...that is quite a door ... more decorative ...I like it! Hope you come across some cheaper doors ...I got lucky on these. Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Another Lily by the pond garden ...next to those in last pic above...& I love the 'nostalgia' of GJ...like this cement fisherboy who has sat at our ponds for about 10 yrs...former life at DH's parents' yard:\. Jeanne S.

{{gwi:156682}}

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz