Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaka3

Mickey Window

kaka3
16 years ago

This was a quick little project of my favorite Disney charater Mickey Mouse. I had an old wall stencil I used to make the pattern on an overhead projector. Thought it was worth sharing. Thanks for looking!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:156882}}

Comments (10)

• cs7580
    16 years ago

Very nice

• Tnflower_lover
    16 years ago

I LOVE it!!!!! and WANT IT PLEASE!!!!! lol I am a big Mickey nut. My entire bedroom and most of the kitchen is Mickey(as well as on my leg for life) Please tell more of how you did this.
    Thank you so much for sharing this.

• kaka3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

VERY EASY! Be Glad to share! First I clean the window really well with alchol or white vinegar. Then I put clear contact paper on the window. Draw or trace your design, cut it out with an exacto knife. I used a wall stencil and put it on my overhead projector and just traced it onto the contact paper on the window. I use flat black spray paint to fill in the stencil or design, make sure and cover any part of the window you don't want black. Let it dry for about 10 minutes or so. Then go back around the edge of your design with the exacto knife for nice clean, NO peel lines. Take off your contact paper in small sections being careful around the edge of your design. Next I spray about 2-3 coats of clear spray enamel over the design. Let it dry good. Turn the window over and spray the back of the window with flat white spray paint. It will probably last a couple of years in the weather. I will take mine in this winter. If you need any additional information, please let me know. Be glad to help you.
    Good luck!

• gardeningpeggy
    16 years ago

I love it, thanks for the instructions!!

Good Job, very inspiring.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

How cute that is. Sure turned out nice. Luvs

• Tnflower_lover
    16 years ago

Thank you for the instructions I WILL be trying this. Thanks again

• mad_about_mickey
    16 years ago

You can bet that this will be a project at my house. I also collect MM and have hundreds of items displayed and I am always on the lookout for the Mouse !! Thanks !!

• jlily
    16 years ago

That is a Beautiful MM. My sister is also a Mickey or Walt Disney fan. I would like to share the window I did for her. Some of you might have seen it before. Enjoy--Jlily

{{gwi:156884}}

• kaka3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone for the compliments! How nice you all are! And WOW! What a great job on the Disney window jlily! Very detailed and excellent painting! Hats (or should I say) Ears off to you!!! I am a huge Mickey fan, have been for years. Got lots of stuff to! Even got Mickey on my ankle! Gotta love the Mouse!

• nonacook
    16 years ago

Both of you did wonderful things!
    When we did Children's wooden clothes trees, we had a variety of tops, and a lot wanted Mickey, but since they are so picky about copyrights, we did not make them for sale. We did 1 special order top for a friend tho.