Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kkcogle

Recycled Potting Bench

kkcogle
12 years ago

I was visting the forum tonight, looking at all the wonderful ideas! Thought I would share one of my own...

I put together this potting bench about 12 years ago from junk collected during our spring trash clean-up in town. By looking at it, you will see the different pieces I used. I love it...but do not use it to pot on...cause I don't like to get it dirty!

Thanks for letting me share!

Kim

Image link:

Comments (20)

• alaMel
    12 years ago

That's cool! You did a great job piecing it together. I love the fence side walls!

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

That is really neat and you are right...you would not want to get it dirty.
    Marylee

• luvs2click
    12 years ago

I love it! Great job! I need one so bad - a big one!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Looks beautiful! Wish it were a little bigger...my 50 something eyes can't inspect it as closely as I would like to. Glad you posted!

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Me too Marlene,my eyes are older than yours,and i can't see it that well either.What i can make out does look good though.
    Kathi

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

It's so small, can you make it bigger so we can all see it!! It looks like it holds a lot of neat stuff! Jan

• kkcogle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm not sure how to post it bigger...if someone wants to do it for me, please do!

• kkcogle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

{{gwi:156902}}

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, much better picture...now I can see it, too! Welcome to the forum! Great recycling for this potting bench!
    I love how you 'curtained' it off...great choice of fabric & painted (or stenciled?) motifs on the striped table top edge. This is a winner & your accessories are beautiful! TFS! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

That's so neat, love the "dirt" container & cute little yellow bird. What is the tote for? It looks like a vinyl tablecloth around bottom area. Very creative bench & love the grey weathered top too! TFS Jan

• nonacook
    12 years ago

wonderful bench--no wonder you don't
    want to 'get it dirty'!

• kkcogle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thanks everyone...glad you are enjoying the BIG picture!

yes, it's a vinyl table cloth for the skirting...on curtain rods underneath the bench. The tote has additional potting tools...ones that don't hang well. The top weathered piece is kinda temporary piece...under is the real top, however it needs to be replaced in the near future, so I just made this top in the mean time. HOWEVER...I like the top, as it adds extra storage now, under it....so after the work is done I will probably keep the extra top on top... :)

The front paint job....paint and rub on decals...decals have held up great in many, many years of sun.

In the fall, I load the top up with all my garden stuff, put a tarp on top and wrap it all up for the winter!

I love this....my back yard would not look the same if it were gone...nor would I get rid of it for any kind of $$$...

:)

• rafor
    12 years ago

Very cute!!! Did you find the two boxes or stencil them yourself? Love the striped trim around the edge of the bench top. That really "makes" it!!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Beautiful! and it looks so useful, but I totally understand that you don't want to get it dirty!
    Kathy

• jwahlton
    12 years ago

Love it! I really like the boxes of DIRT and GARDEN STUFF too!

• goldenpond
    12 years ago

jealous!

• kkcogle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I found the two tins...dirt and garden stuff...long long time ago! :)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Thanks for posting the bigger picture! Your bench is one of the cutest things I've ever seen! LOVE IT! All of the detail and extra collectibles you've added just make it so, so pretty! I'm totally green with envy!

• minnesotamaggie
    12 years ago

So glad you shared and helped us see the "big picture"! haha! I love your upcycled potting bench! Best of all I bet you actually know where your garden tools are! I think I probably waste 2 days of summer looking for mine! I hope you have some more projects to share with us.

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Thank you for posting the bigger picture! The small one sure didn't do it justice. It is gorgeous! Love everything about it including the cute little bird perched on the "fence."

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm