Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ausaicmosaic

Our first totem & teatems

ausaicmosaic
16 years ago

Well the woman I invited at the op shop did not turn up so Bette (my best friend) and I created our first totem and teatems.

Unfortunately the one with the beige/pink teapot on top is a bit unclear but we matched the teapot exactly with part of the pattern that is in the vase underneath and that sits on a pink saucer with a vase that has pink roses on either side.

We have no idea what the piece in the middle of the brown teatem is (Bette bought that bit) - but it helped us create a good teatem with the other pieces I had acquired.

The four cups and saucers $2 for the lot were so pretty with all the different coloured flowers on them that we just put the blue sugar bowl on top and decided that was enough.

The glass totem has a blue paper weight in the bottom jar and so we added blue chunks of glass and marbles in the upper bottle and the little bluebird bell on top of the irish coffee mug. The bell's clanger is still in place and moves when the whole thing is moved.

I used to collect bells and have over 250 so have decided that some of them might well be used to top our totems and teatems.

How did we do for a first effort? (For inspiration - I had shown Bette a whole heap of ones I found here by doing a search and putting the pics on a disc so we could view them as a slide show.) So thanks everyone who has previously posted a pic of one.

Beth

Image link: {{!gwi}}