Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bench arbor from old doors

Posted by deedeeminn (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 23:37

I have a stash of old doors in my shed and have finally gotten around to making my arbor. Hope the links work!

Here is a link that might be useful: door bench/ arbor

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bench arbor from old doors

Wow...that is an impressive arbor! 4 doors! Esp love the 'oval' window at the top & the scroll work corner bracing. TFS! Jeanne S.

o

hey, that's neato!

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 5:29

That is very creative!! Love it. My search for doors continues:( (and windows and wringer washing machine and glass and thimbles and ....)

o

Awesome!!!!
Like cnml, I keep searching for all things! LOL
Not that I don't have too MUCH already!

o

I love it.

o

Wow! Love it! Nice touch with the metal scroll brackets.

o

Cool!!!

o

That is a wonderful arbor. I love it. Marylee

o

• Posted by sorie6 5 colorado (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 22:59

Great bench!! TFS

o

That should be great spot to sit & enjoy a cool drink on hot summer day! Nice to be able to look through glass on ends & even see stars through the oval on top at night!!Jan

o

Love it, love it!

TFS
~digger

o

Very creative!

o

I love this! Would you be willing to give me permission to use the photo (with credit) in a presentation I'm developing on creative garden ideas?

If so, would you please reply to me privately by going to my GardenWeb page and sending me an email?

o

Love it......love the idea of recycling in style

o

I love this! I wish my husband would agree to something like that. I see art and he sees junk.

o

Amazing structure! How do you keep it in place? How is it anchored in the ground?

o

It's so heavy it really just sits there, but I do have it wired to the t-post (to the right of it) through the hole that was for the door knob. It is Quite heavy, but it is pretty windy here so I took the extra precaution.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here