Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my first sparkler

Posted by grandma_cindy 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 0:03

Hmmm, I think I'm on the right track, but not satisfied yet. This was the last of the wire I had, and actually shorter than I would have liked. This was easy though, as I just stuck the wires into the cork. I want to get some of small glass gems/chips to fill the bottle with.

Photobucket

I had my hubby attach wires to a piece of copper pipe and attach that to the back of a knife, but I dont have those beaded yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my first sparkler

Turned out great! The gems in the bottle will be nice finishing touch! Where did you get such large beads? Jan

o

The big clear round ones in the front are 18mm clear acrylic beads. Most of the other beads are glass - I only bought the ones on sale at Pat Catans LOL

o

These look great. I'm glad you added pics as I thought the acrylic beads wouldn't sparkle enough; but they really do. Very nice.
Jeanne

o

the store had these ladybug glass bead packs on sale for 77 cents, so I bought the last 8 LOL All the round red ones came in the packs, and this ladybug you see here in front.

Photobucket

o

It does look like you are on the right track. Those beads are amazing. Keep us posted on the other one.
Frou

o

Oh! Pretty. I forgot about sparklers and I was just at a bead and gem store that is fairly reasonably priced. I bought a few things to spice up plate flowers and totems only.
Thanks for the reminder about sparklers.
Kathy

o

That looks absolutely great. LOVE the cork idea. Where do yo all get the wire at? What gauge is it? I see a new project in my future. lol Thanks!

o

I think it turned out really nicely! Love the ladybug beads too! I was going to ask about the gauge size too!

o

CUTE!! The ladybug beads and seeing it in the great outdoors, really shows it off well. LOVE it!! Great job.
-Sprout

o

Very pretty! I love the ladybug beads. Oriental Trading Co. has some cute beads that are reasonably priced. Below is a link to some honey bee beads that would cost about 33 cents each. Great job on the sparkler!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bumblebee Lamwork Glass Beads

o

I bought wire to use on the knives, and knew it wouldnt need to be real long. So I got a small sppol of 18 gauge jewelry wire to start off with. The knives have 8 wires each, and those are twice as long as the bottle wires. I only had enough for 2 knives and the wine bottle.
After a dr appt tomorrow, I can get started on the knives.
Thanks for the compliments!

o

Your sparkler looks really good. I like all the different color beads....gives it pizzaz. I have one in the making...seems as if the first one is always more or less a learning adventure!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here