Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
two totems

Posted by grandma_cindy 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 0:06

My cousin and his girlfriend came over today to craft, as she was entralled by the glass totems she saw the last time she was here. They each made one: his is the green, here's has the blue in it.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: two totems

Both very nice! Bet they had fun putting them together!! I like both the green glass & blue glass with the clear glass.You are lucky to have so many nice pieces of glass to work with, pretty glass is limited here. Jan

o

Very nice!!!
I notice that the girlfriend placed the stem of a ?goblet? INSIDE the tall vase...
we should all remember to keep our minds OPEN! How often have we not used a piece simply because it didn't fit?!?!
Clearly, here's a unique method of "fitting"!
Thank her!

o

Very nice! And how generous of you to share your stash. Do they have a garden to put them into?
Kathy

o

Jan, they did have fun, and they'll be back on there next weekend off LOL I only wish I could find some red glass!

Giggles, see the blue/clear piece on the top? That's a piece I put together from a votive holder and a taper holder. The piece inside the vase is that matching piece to that!

taper/votive holder

Kathy, yes they do - each! The pieces werent dry enough to transport when they left, so I'm going to deliver them to her Wednesday. Oh, and she went to GW and brought some glass too!

o

Gma Cindy,
Love the totems. When I have matching pieces I fit them together and put a blue bud vase underneath the "globe". I then put that on a copper stake in my garden. That looks nice too.
Jeanne

o

I love these, blue and green are some of my favorite colors. It's nice to see your friends getting in on the fun. Good luck with the hunt for red glass it's hard to find here.
Frou

o

Great job on both! Glad they had a good time making them! You have such nice glass platters and plates...they're getting hard to find in my area or they are too expensive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here