Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenmat_gw

Pot person

jenmat
13 years ago

I made a pot man. Well actually she is a pot woman that I named Lily Turf after her hair.

I had a marble slab with two holes drilled into it. When I put it on the wall I was building I thought it would be a great anchor for a pot person. I looked at lots of other pot people on the internet and combined all my favorite ideas.

I already had the two big pots and one foot. The bottom pot is half filled with rubble to add stability. She is strung together with nylon rope. The little strawberry pot made it easy to link the arms together. The plant in it is fake but her hair is real. Kudos to my husband for providing the old washing machine hose for the shoulders. It was really easy to make.

{{gwi:157754}}

{{gwi:157755}}

Comments (21)

• kylslil1
    13 years ago

I love pot people! Yours is so adorable...great work!

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

I absolutely LOVE your pot person (and the two angels next to him are pretty sweet, too).

You did a fabulous job. Thanks for posting the photos!!
    -Sprout

• kirkus
    13 years ago

How cool is that?!! Love where you placed her! A GREAT CREATION! Thanks for sharing an inspiring project! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

She's a charmer & so are the 2 little ladies with her!! Love her hair!!Jan

• indylisa
    13 years ago

I can see her sitting on my porch....cute!!!!!!
    Lisa

• nonacook
    13 years ago

All 3 of 'them' are great! LOL
    The pot lady is one of the best (and easiest
    looking to make) that I have seen.
    Thanks!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Very cool! Love her shape and her hair is perfect! And the two girlies are adorable too!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Well, you sold me with those 2 adorable, smiling faces beside your pot woman! Great creativity! (reminds me of the Jetsons! for some odd reason...LOL!) TFS! Jeanne S.

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

She is just to cute .I love her and those 2 beside her is even cuter!!!! Great job!!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

She looks marvelous! Love that mossy looking pot she has for a bosom. You picked a couple of lovely models to showcase Lily Turf too. Vanna White has nothing on them! Great idea to use the washing machine hose for the arms. Thanks for sharing!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

You did a super duper job of putting her together and it looks like you are a "budding" hairdresser to boot. I love your rock wall down by the driveway too.
    Frou

• jenmat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks guys. The Rosie Jetson reference made me laugh. I'm loving all the cool ideas in this forum.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Love it! Good Job! Girlies are Adorable too!!! This is one of my Favs for pot people so far, I think it is the Rosie Jetson look!!!

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That is a great pot person. Very nice pics too.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Lovely pot woman and darling girls!
    Kathy

• timbuck2
    13 years ago

Ah pot people...lol. Thought I might see my old crowd in the photo. Very nice work and the models are sweet. I hope to do a fraction as well when I try my hand at a pot dude or dudess.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I think everyone used up all the words, LOL, so I'm just going to say "Ditto" to them.
    You made one heck of a terrific pot lady. And the photo is extra adorable with her two lovely friends.

hugs, Karen

• Linda Wayman
    13 years ago

I love that pretty pot lady and those two beautiful dolls. I have a pot man I made this year that she may be interested in. He's unattached, that is, except for the nylon ropes. :)

{{gwi:157758}}

{{gwi:157761}}

• greensuzq
    13 years ago

These are so cute. I have always wanted to make one, maybe a winter project. Thanks for sharing.

• timbuck2
    13 years ago

"Pot People"? Come on folks lighten up. Is someone gonna spank us for being bad? I hope so...lol Just how old is everyone in here? I don't know but I'm in my mid fifties and just starting to have some fun. Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that folks my age and a bit older made pot people our friends and we were also.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

I love them both. So much fun.
    Kathy

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting