Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pot person

Posted by jenmat 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 25, 10 at 0:14

I made a pot man. Well actually she is a pot woman that I named Lily Turf after her hair.

I had a marble slab with two holes drilled into it. When I put it on the wall I was building I thought it would be a great anchor for a pot person. I looked at lots of other pot people on the internet and combined all my favorite ideas.

I already had the two big pots and one foot. The bottom pot is half filled with rubble to add stability. She is strung together with nylon rope. The little strawberry pot made it easy to link the arms together. The plant in it is fake but her hair is real. Kudos to my husband for providing the old washing machine hose for the shoulders. It was really easy to make.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pot person

I love pot people! Yours is so adorable...great work!

o

I absolutely LOVE your pot person (and the two angels next to him are pretty sweet, too).

You did a fabulous job. Thanks for posting the photos!!
-Sprout

o

How cool is that?!! Love where you placed her! A GREAT CREATION! Thanks for sharing an inspiring project! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

She's a charmer & so are the 2 little ladies with her!! Love her hair!!Jan

o

I can see her sitting on my porch....cute!!!!!!
Lisa

o

All 3 of 'them' are great! LOL
The pot lady is one of the best (and easiest
looking to make) that I have seen.
Thanks!

o

Very cool! Love her shape and her hair is perfect! And the two girlies are adorable too!

o

Well, you sold me with those 2 adorable, smiling faces beside your pot woman! Great creativity! (reminds me of the Jetsons! for some odd reason...LOL!) TFS! Jeanne S.

o

She is just to cute .I love her and those 2 beside her is even cuter!!!! Great job!!!

o

She looks marvelous! Love that mossy looking pot she has for a bosom. You picked a couple of lovely models to showcase Lily Turf too. Vanna White has nothing on them! Great idea to use the washing machine hose for the arms. Thanks for sharing!

o

You did a super duper job of putting her together and it looks like you are a "budding" hairdresser to boot. I love your rock wall down by the driveway too.
Frou

o

Thanks guys. The Rosie Jetson reference made me laugh. I'm loving all the cool ideas in this forum.

o

Love it! Good Job! Girlies are Adorable too!!! This is one of my Favs for pot people so far, I think it is the Rosie Jetson look!!!

o

That is a great pot person. Very nice pics too.

o

Lovely pot woman and darling girls!
Kathy

o

Ah pot people...lol. Thought I might see my old crowd in the photo. Very nice work and the models are sweet. I hope to do a fraction as well when I try my hand at a pot dude or dudess.

o

I think everyone used up all the words, LOL, so I'm just going to say "Ditto" to them.
You made one heck of a terrific pot lady. And the photo is extra adorable with her two lovely friends.

hugs, Karen

o

I love that pretty pot lady and those two beautiful dolls. I have a pot man I made this year that she may be interested in. He's unattached, that is, except for the nylon ropes. :)

o

These are so cute. I have always wanted to make one, maybe a winter project. Thanks for sharing.

o

"Pot People"? Come on folks lighten up. Is someone gonna spank us for being bad? I hope so...lol Just how old is everyone in here? I don't know but I'm in my mid fifties and just starting to have some fun. Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that folks my age and a bit older made pot people our friends and we were also.

o

I love them both. So much fun.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here