Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Colander with Hens and Chicks

Posted by kirkus (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 1, 11 at 0:23

Planted this up yesterday. My wife Carol found this vintage, light blue, enamelware colander for me recently...I used Hens & Chicks in it from our gardens...kind of looks like a salad. :o) ENJOY! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Colander with Hens and Chicks

I love that. I have some Hens and Chickens that I need to transplant. I hope mine look half as good as yours.

Marylee

o

Yep, that's one pretty 'salad'! ;o)

I love Hens and Chicks but they hate me. :o(
hugs, Karen

o

It does look like a salad. You all have been busy little bees and it really shows in all your projects.
Frou

o

Great colander, thought for a minute you came & got mine- nope, mine is cream & green mottled but otherwise looks the same. I love colanders but I use them to collect stuff from the garden. I do like your "salad" tho. I love blue in the garden, any color of blue looks refreshing against the greens! What kind of bone is that? Looks great with the colander! Jan

o

Looks really nice and such good drainage for the succulants

o

• Posted by 9bark 3bto5a BC (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 1, 11 at 12:41

Wow! That's pretty badass!

o

Thais cool!! I have trouble with h&c also.

o

Hen & Chicks like sandy soil & little water...hot weather seems ok...but water 1X a wk...I have multitudes of them...you'd think they were related to the bunny species! LOL!

LOVE this colander planted...& the green & blue tog! Carol is a cool lady! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Thank you for the nice comments. I love Hens and Chicks. Jan, that's a small antler I found in our woods. :o)

o

I have a collander just waiting to be spruced up, now you have given me the incentive to do it. I luv it!
Nana Sylvia

o

That is really nice! Did you like the collander with something? I'd love to do one. I have some H&C that need a new home. Now, to find a collander!

o

That is sooo great,love that,and you sure don't have to worry about drainage.TFS
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here