Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A new old water feature

Posted by kirkus (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 11 at 0:29

I updated one of my old 1/2 whiskey barrel water features... painted the old pump blue... added rocks from our property. I used to have water plants in it but the raccoons kept pulling them out and destroying them. The frog and moss balls came from a Terry's Village catalog...my wife Carol bought them for me as a surprise. Love my wife! I found the little wood plank while hiking in our woods. :o) Added two, heavy, handmade Christmas ornaments to the water as floats. :o) Enjoy! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Another Water Feature I Posted Before

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A new old water feature

Kirk...Both of your water features are wonderful. I love them. They always sound so restful. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

Looks sharp! The blue really looks great on the pump & Carol did a great job getting the right accessories,haven't seen moss balls before & frog looks like he is about to take a dip. Very soothing spot! Jan

o

Kirk, that looks just wonderful...and I bet it sounds even better. And you know that I love the pop of blue in the garden.

hugs, Karen

o

I love both the water features but the old pump is my favorite.

o

I like them both too. The updated one looks so much like a spot in a brook. Love the rocks and how the water flows over them. What kind of pump are you using?
Kathy

o

Looks nice!

o

You are inspiring, Kirk...I just clipped down a big Baptisa plant in front of my barrell pond (you couldn't even see the pond) & I have a red pump there ... I've been comtemplating some change cause that plant will need dug up...I like your changes...esp the rocks in the water & cobalt blue color looks great! My pump also sets on a plank that DH put there for me...I want to use my copper colored 'rain chain' somehow w/this barrell pond...you've got my wheels spinnin'! And, too funny, I just bought a glass ball at HL ...so I'll see if it floats! Thanks for the inspiration! Jeanne s.

o

Love the usage of the rocks. All your ideas are food for hummmm for us. I love the way you use blue too.... geeme

o

Yes love them both!!

o

Kirk it looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

o

I like the pump painted blue!
I think I have a new green one under one
of the beds-I had not thought about it in awhile.
I have so much that I want to get into the garden,
and since a lot of the 'clearing' of weeds,etc is
done maybe I can get some of it put out soon.

o

Thanks Wynd Ryder...live in the Pacific Northwest...lots of pretty rocks...we live on an old river bed. :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here