Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rock Eggs in Another Basket

Posted by kirkus WA (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 25, 10 at 0:43

Hi everyone! My wife Carol and I were thinking outside the box for this one. :o) You might remember that Carol gave me the motherlode of rock eggs for Christmas...she bought them at an INCREDIBLE price from a wonderful lady in Idaho. Well, I've already posted how I had placed some in a barbed wire basket and others in garden pots as decoration. Still had some left. We've been looking for a vintage/antique wire egg basket but then came across a FREE deep fryer basket at the estate sale we went to this last week. Thought it was perfect for the last of the eggs. :o) Had to share! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Rock Egg Basket

Here's the barbed wire basket with eggs I posted before:

Barbed Wire Egg Basket

Here are the eggs when I received them at Christmas!

Rock Eggs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rock Eggs in Another Basket

More like thinking outside the basket (lol). Great displays.
I really like the deep fryer basket.
-Sprout

o

They are so pretty they would look good in almost any basket but the deep frying basket works out very well. Jan

o

I have eggs too-need to get them out and do
something with them!
I have used the deep-fry baskets with long skinny handles
by bending the handles up and hanging them with plants.

o

I use an old fryer basket to display a collection of rocks.
You have an amazing collection of rock eggs. Very nice deisplays.

o

They look perfectly at home there! Great save on the old fryer basket.....love all of the egg colors together.

o

The fryer basket even has some RUST on it! Looks GREAT! And that Carol! boy, I still love, love, love your egg rocks! Great recycling! TFS! Jeanne S.

p.s. Just thought...now you need my cast iron chicken (from HLobby sale!) by your egg basket! LOL! A chick that can stay outside all winter!

Egg Basket Hen & Chicks & Sedum 6.10

o

LOVE your rock eggs. The colors are wonderful. Your basket is just perfect. Enjoy!! Jlily

o

jeannespines- CUTE!!

o

I just love all your rock eggs !!!!
Jenn I love your bsk also.

o

Great idea using the deep frying basket, Kirk! Looking at it, I would have thought it was an old fashion egg basket. I love the barbed wire one too. And those rocks!

Love of rocks + love of polished rocks = Love your eggs!

Just be careful if you put the rocks out where the elements can get at them. I have an ashtray I bought at a thrift store years ago that is made out of a rock. I kept it on the patio in case any smokers came by. The polished look of the rock wore off and it started look like an unpolished rock. Still looks ok but not as pretty as it was originally.

o

The fry basket is the perfect resting place for the eggs and you can't beat the price. I bought two long old freezer baskets the other day, not sure what to do with them yet. Jeanne, your chicken basket is so well thought out, too cute.
Frou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here