Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Treasures

Posted by kirkus (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 1, 11 at 0:53

Here are a few finds that I placed by my potting bench. The Carnation milk box ($2 at an estate sale!) is for storing soil. I use the little pitcher for watering plants. It was free from neighbors when they moved away. I love the broom (50 cents at a garage sale) and use it often, and the barrel was a gift from my brother, my garden junk enabler! :o) ENJOY! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Treasures

Very nice. I like all those things.

Marylee

o

That barrel has just the greatest patina on it, wonderful memory of your brother, the pitcher looks like it belongs on it. Were the Carnation boxes at customers homes to put deliveries in? I remember seeing them somewhere. I love old brooms. My 2 favorites are from 1960's. 1 is an ice scraper & brush on other end to clean your windshield of snow. I use it for cleaning the street gutter in front of my house. Brush used to a 8 in.long x 2 in. wide bristles & I've had to cut it off couple of times(whole thing was 24 in long). Sure would like to get another 1. Son said they don't make them like that any more. It gets all the junk out that regular broom doesn't,they didn't do best job of resurfacing street & so little space that collects junk. Anyone have 1? Anyway nice addition to your potting bench area, Kirk! Jan

o

What a neat grouping. My fave is the carnation box. I'm jealous on that one!

o

pretty cool treasures but I am really liking that Carnation box - that is super neat .....

Lynne

o

Cool!!! Love the Carnation box! And your broom will work great for Halloween too!

o

cool!!

o

Yup, that Carnation box is a winner! If you come across one of those glass milk jugs, that would be a cool addition to your potting bench nearby. Here's a pic of my milk bottle w/creamer part on top (& spoon for dipping cream):

Sweet Corn T'scape Milk Bottle 7.10

And here' a full view:

Sweet Corn Tablescape Horizontal Pic 7.10

So I LOVE your Carnation box & all the 'treasures' nearby! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Great collection. Wonderful idea to use the milk box to store soil.
Kathy

o

Love the way you have it arranged.
Looks great...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here